Jeep Wrangler hunting vehicle

Thanks for the info, I was curious since there is a 2010 Patriot Sport here that would be in our price range.

gerry, my brother just bought a 2014 Patriot & he has put about 10,000 kms he loves it. It is a little small for my liking but they have a pretty good consumer's report on them. I do believe that their 4wheel system is the best on the market.
My oldest son is trying to sell his BMW now that he is a Dad :wink: & he is giving the Chief Grand Cherokee some serious consideration.

Blessings,
Dan

Gerry - I think it's pretty obvious which Jeep model I favor, for a lot of reasons. The Wrangler is the most capable out in the dirt, of any of the Jeep models. Still has solid axles front and rear, good suspension, excellent traction control, even in the base model.

Fuel economy is NOT a strong point...

Comfort is fair to middling...

Off-pavement? Excellent!

Other than the current Wranglers (2007-present are "JK" Jeeps) I also really like the older Cherokee like the blue one my son drives - his is very well set up - but even stock they're quite capable.

Regards, Guy

Guy,
I gotta tell you I am on board with this Jeep thing, I recently bought a older 2009 Grand Cherokee,
Just to try it to lug bird hunters around with two setters in the back, never owed a Jeep in my life.
Well I never got such a shock , this thing is awesome, tight and quiet on the road, excellent traction and 4x4 system , super visability outta it. This V6 giving up identical mileage as your getting , just cant say enough good about it, I am an F150 guy but I now drive the Jeep 90% of the time!

Jeep M70 in 9.3X62 and bull elk anything I'm missing?

And the jeep breaking down the day after I got back with my elk.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4,647
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    864.1 KB · Views: 4,647
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    922.9 KB · Views: 4,647
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    566.8 KB · Views: 4,647
Yeah, but what is a Jeep M70? :mrgreen: Makes me want to buy one. :grin: Great pictures, Jake. (y)

Latest update to the Wrangler is a five gallon fuel can on the passenger side. The drivers side bracket is on the way. That will give me 28 gallons, instead of 18 gallons. I like having the weight of the fuel between the axles, rather than just hanging off the back of the Jeep. Simple install on the MORryde bracket. Very strong. Attaches via existing bolts in the body tub of the Jeep.

I've got some trips to Oregon & Utah coming up that will require more off-pavement range than the stock 18 gallon tank can handle.

Guy

Very good looking, and useful, accessories.

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent concept, Guy. You can never have too much gas in the mountains.

DrMike":1692pfm6 said:

Unless it's from the refried beans.

Vince":3hnzd9w8 said:
DrMike":3hnzd9w8 said:

Unless it's from the refried beans.

True, dat. However, it can really serve to attract bears. :shock:

BTW - this snowy northwest winter has been a fun one with the Jeeps and other rigs:

Guy

gerry":2odyj619 said:
Love the picture of that fire in particular.

Gerry - that was the classic stump fire! We'd all brought some firewood with us, as that area doesn't have many trees, not a lot of natural firewood available. Mostly just brush.

However, when we pulled into the camping area, we noticed one old tree had been cut, and several big sections were right there... PERFECT for a long-burning fire! We started the campfire late in the afternoon, about the time the sun dipped below the ridge. Kept the fire burning right against the side of the large log, and it burned all night long in the snow! Next morning it was still plenty warm!

Guy

Looks to have been a great time of enjoying the mountains. At what elevation were you camping?

I asked because the snow pack didn't look to be that great. Was this a year of low snow pack? We certainly haven't had the snow that we would normally expect.

Back