Jeep Wrangler hunting vehicle

We're way above average. Last year, that canyon was virtually snow-free.

Up high, here in Washington, there's a LOT of snow.

Guy

No. This is the 50th anniversary of the Easter Jeep Jamboree, and huge numbers of jeepers are expected in town. I'm not sure Moab has a very good idea how many are coming. 10,000? 20,000? And it's going to be a PARTY... :)

Fun perhaps, but not the sort of thing I enjoy.

Some friends and I are going to go poking around a real remote chunk of Utah, in 2017, with 300 miles between fuel stops. Also have a long "overlanding" trip to make in central Oregon this coming summer, making additional fuel a really good idea.

Guy

The little Jeep is quite capable in the snow 4 ft drifts in white out conditions on the way to work got my attention but she managed just fine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 6,171
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    547.5 KB · Views: 6,171
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 6,171
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 6,171
I think you might need a trip down here we can take you up to the snow in the Jeep drop you off and I'll come pick you back up when the snow melts. Then you can tell me when it stops snowing!!!

By the way I think it's snowing on Mt Lewis right now 43 and raining @ 4600 ft I wonder what it's doing up around 10k?

Mama and I have been out in our little Jeep, enjoying! They're fun. (y)

Even had the roof & doors off for a few days earlier this month - but no longer!

Guy

A vehicle approved by Clark carries a lot of weight. But, why isn't he operating the winch rather than driving?

DrMike":255wnf77 said:
A vehicle approved by Clark carries a lot of weight. But, why isn't he operating the winch rather than driving?

Well, with Clark driving, the Jeep has never been stuck... :mrgreen:

Should prove to be quite an improvement for my longer duration hunting & fishing trips. :)

Trailer is a Jackwagon Basecamp. www.jackwagonoffroad.com

Very nicely built. I picked it up today, lightly used and in excellent condition. Has trailer brakes, so had to wire the Jeep for that. After stacking three deer carcasses in the back of the Jeep... I knew I needed more room... :)

Guy

Handy looking outfit. That should extend your comfort by quite a bit, Guy.

Guy, they seem to fit together well (y) I am sure that will take care of your over crowding problem :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

SJB358":1mxytc7o said:
I like that sticker on the side window :twisted:

Cool trailer Guy.

Me too Scotty. Have had one on every vehicle I've owned since about 1980 or so, or whenever I first found those in the PX.

Guy

As a young Marine, before the HMMWV's replaced the "Mutt" which was the military version of the Jeep in those days.

Our Jeeps all went afield with a trailer. There was no room in the Jeep for adequate supplies of food, ammo, water, etc... So, each Jeep towed a trailer. This is just an updated version of that practice.

Guy

Guy Miner":3bz3kic9 said:
As a young Marine, before the HMMWV's replaced the "Mutt" which was the military version of the Jeep in those days.

Our Jeeps all went afield with a trailer. There was no room in the Jeep for adequate supplies of food, ammo, water, etc... So, each Jeep towed a trailer. This is just an updated version of that practice.

Guy

We towed a trailer all the way from Kuwait to Baghdad on the back of our HMMWV with all of our team crap in it. I'd love to have one for my truck these days. They were some kinda solid.

Back