Ultimate Test - 142 LRAB part 2

Bbear

Beginner
Jan 13, 2015
I also load the 142 LRAB in my 264 WM. Managed to drop a good sized elk in Colorado 2nd season. First shot @ 137 yards blew through both shoulders and exited.

Entrance (inside of shoulder)

And Exit

Even with this damage, he got back up on his feet so I plugged him again. I nicked a twig about 3' from him and the entrance was in his hip, through part of the pelvis and through the internals. I found the bullet in his left shoulder after traversing his left lung. What's left weighed in at 59.3 g.

Looking down on it:

Side view:

Muzzle velocity = 3225 fps.

Wow. Great recovery.

The 264 puts some hurt on that bullet (and elk) at that range.

What's your load for the 264?

They sure seems to have penetrated well, congratulations on your elk.

gerry":yt2yruod said:
They sure seems to have penetrated well, congratulations on your elk.

I need to take some animals with the 140 AB. It's very accurate in my Swede and 264.... been neglecting them.

SJB358,
I was just up in NOVA right after T-giving. From the number of road kills on the highways, someone needs to do some shooting! ;) The swede and 264 seem to be the perfect combination to help keep the 'crowd' down!

Congratulations on your elk.
Impressive bullet performance.

JD338

Bbear":3utun2r9 said:
SJB358,
I was just up in NOVA right after T-giving. From the number of road kills on the highways, someone needs to do some shooting! ;) The swede and 264 seem to be the perfect combination to help keep the 'crowd' down!

For sure. Both are awesome rifles. Really need to get them out. My 264 is a blaster with 140 ABs at 3200. It really does deserve to hunt more than I have in the past.

That is a very effective combo, good job.
Why in h*ll dont they offer the quaterbore crowd a simalar
Bullet................. I am lost with 25/06 selling right behind 270/308 in sales recently.......
What in the world is Nosler waiting for ??? A new LR bullet in the 130/135 gr with .550 sorta BC would be big news for .257 crowd! 8)

SJB358":1h3bdzzr said:
Wow. Great recovery.

I too would like to know your load please!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

filmjunkie4ever":18aqi8y5 said:
SJB358":18aqi8y5 said:
Wow. Great recovery.

I too would like to know your load please!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might, maybe? Be better off sending him a PM. He posted this 3 years ago, and isn't a frequent poster, however he was last on the forum on Jan 1st... So, maybe a PM will catch his interest?

Dunno.

Guy

Retumbo or RL33 id bet to get that bullet to 3200+ in a 264. I’m sorta thinking BBear used 33.

Back