first time past 1000

Excellent account. The case head separation is somewhat disconcerting. That has a tendency to get the shooter's attention.

thanks fellas , the wind is tricky . I've been trying to read mirage and watch tree limbs , and watch the higher grass / weeds to get an idea of what the wind is doing . about 2 weeks ago I bought a wind meter . it's really helped me trying to read the wind . now I get a reading on the meter and watch conditions , it seems like I'm getting a better grasp on it .

Jim

You need something like this; AR500 1/2" thickness! I paint mine white and the impacts stand out akin to a 5 carat diamond in a Billygoat's behind....all the way back to wherever! I shoot early and late....and it's no problem on account of mirage to see the POI! If in snow country paint white...and then black and you'll still be able to see the bullet strikes! I don't use a bull; rather I just hold center of the plate!

AR500 by Sharps Man, on Flickr

Muldoon , that target looks perfect . I wish I could put up a steel target and leave it there . I'd bet it wouldn't be there very long and someone would haul it away to get the money for scrap metal .

Back