What's the Best Buy on 10x42 Binoculars ?

Those are great looking dogs fellas but I'm still looking for them checking the landscape with the binos... :mrgreen:

SJB358":2lm66qf2 said:
Those are great looking dogs fellas but I'm still looking for them checking the landscape with the binos... :mrgreen:

+1

And when I see that, I'm laying off this particular brand of coffee! :lol:

Update on Binos!!!
Its not good...........
Minox binos still in Germany.......no know repair or ship date yet....... Whole CS thing is hopelessly disorganized.
Much as I think they are great value, I think 5 months to get
Them repaired is unacceptable..........
E. UPDATE
In the new Outdoor Life Gun Issue July 2017
The Intensity HDs got the great buy award!
However the didn't rate the glass well in low light which
Is exactly the opposite of how we tested them so not sure
How to evaluate these tests anymore I am afraid $$$$ rules how
The writers rate these things !!

I don't know if they were a "best buy" however, I treated myself to a pair of 10x42mm Zeiss binos prior to the Alaska trip and they worked out great! We spent many hours glassing, daily. These binos made that a real pleasure. My guide had a pair of Swaros (about twice the price) and he really liked the Zeiss as well. Tried them, shrugged, and said "I can't tell any difference." His Swaros were a gift from a client at the end of a big hunt.

Guy

Joel had those same ones a few years back. Great glass in my opinion as well Guy. Hard to beat good bino's.

Well It has taken 5 plus years but I finally "pulled the trigger" on a new pair of Binos for myself. First time since Dad bought me a pair in Jr High 35 years ago. Between times Ive lived without or used garage sale bushnells or worse. So.... a few gift cards through a health rewards program at work, a $20 club members thing from Cabelas and a $50 dollar sale and I came home with a pair of Nikon Monarch 5 - 10x42's. Asking price is $379 I think. Really impressed, for the money and my eyes they were as good as Leupold Acadia or higher end model. Havent had a chance to take them out much, but a year ago (2?) a salesman at cabelas walked me outside with them and several others. Nikons were the winner for what I could reasonably afford. They came home with me for $200. Telling you all this so you understand that I LOOKED at these for a long time....CL

QUESTION- These binos will spend time with me in a vehicle a lot. I am scared of getting them too hot and ruining them. Thoughts or suggestions on how/ where to store them. Maybe thats not the issue it once was...?

35 Whelen":3v3qhlpz said:
I am sure glad I picked up a pair of Cabelas new HD Intensity 10x42s just for spares! I sold a pair of Nikon 10x42 Monarchs; and picked up the new Intensitys, then decided to send both the Minox and Swarvoskis in. Good thing I had
The Intensitys or I would have been binocular less all winter! I realize Blouser has just moved Minox from NH to Texas and that it is now a small part of a big company. But
3/4 months to get a pair of binos fixed seams a bit much to me ???? On the other hand with the Cabelas brand with lifetime warrantee they have always been excellent about
Simply "replacing" things that broke even years later....
Something to think about when buying binos ??

Intensity HD's were impressive, but the Nikons won out for me. CL

Back