Pork Rack of Ribs

The hot shot burned out on mine. I replaced it about six weeks ago. Now, the augur has quit working. Looks as if I have another task to deal with on Monday. One thing is certain, I don't want to be without my Traeger. I use it all the time. Ribs produced by the Traeger are superb, that is for certain.

Dang buddy! Those look excellent

Have you put up your recipe for that potato salad you have there? Looks excellent

The potatoes are prepared by tossing them in a bit of extra virgin olive oil and kosher salt and roasting on the Traeger for about 45 minutes to an hour. We prefer red potatoes to the white, as the texture is more firm after roasting. Toss the potatoes with chopped cilantro, chopped red onion and dressing. The dressing is olive oil, wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. I seldom measure my ingredients, choosing to add until it is the right colour and/or taste. It doesn't take much dressing, however, to prepare a dish.

DrMike":33eka598 said:
The potatoes are prepared by tossing them in a bit of extra virgin olive oil and kosher salt and roasting on the Traeger for about 45 minutes to an hour. We prefer red potatoes to the white, as the texture is more firm after roasting. Toss the potatoes with chopped cilantro, chopped red onion and dressing. The dressing is olive oil, wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. I seldom measure my ingredients, choosing to add until it is the right colour and/or taste. It doesn't take much dressing, however, to prepare a dish.

Man.... I'm going to try this. That sounds good.

Got my traeger earlier this month, been cooking on it several days a week since then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thebear_78":o8fxr8hk said:
Got my traeger earlier this month, been cooking on it several days a week since then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's awesome TB. It's like having an outdoor woodfired oven.

If you haven't done it yet, some stove tape around the edges of the lid keeps the smoke and heat on the inside.

Oh, and putting aluminum foil on the drip pan and the bucket saves a little time.

I am tellin you what, everytime I fire up my Traeger it doesn't take people long to order one of their own. I am very impressed with it and the food it turns out.

Mike, hope to try your tater's this weekend. I think I have a pork butt that needs cooking..

I get what the Butcher shop calls Country ribs which are boneless and solid meat that makes for great BQ ribs with out the mess since I always end up with BQ sauce all over my hands and face and the wife can't stand me slurping the sauce off my fingers and smacking my lips.
The Country Style ribs makes her happy and I still get to enjoy myself but with out the mess.
Yeah I know what fun is that but one rack is a little over a pound of all meat and I don't have to pay for the bones which I can't eat. :grin:

Hey Jim the ribs looked great till photo bucket kidnapped them and held them for ransom.

Yup, that'll do! Excellent work, Scotty. Consequently, what are you using for photos now?

That was Photobucket Mike? For some reason it's working right now? This image posting business is sort of annoying. I've got all of my stuff on PB and I haven't found anything else yet that sorts as easily. I did not pay for that new deal either?

Ohhhhhh, the ribs cannot be beat!

And there might be better pellet smokers than the Traeger but all be darned if it isn't awesome. Nothing that has come off this suckers has gone to waste.

Mike,

Looks great! The potato salad looks great.
We had that combo last weekend. One of my favorite meals.

JD338

My wife broke her leg almost a month ago, and I've been doctor and nurse for the entire period. In my spare time, I'm cooking, including a major meal for my daughter and her family (bacon draped and injected pork loin, baked potatoes, grilled peppers and bacon-wrapped asparagus). All on the Traeger. Tonight, it is Greek accented pork chops, grilled onions and portabella mushrooms with corn on the cob grilled on the Traeger. Yeah, I've been going crazy with the smoker (pink salmon, steaks, burgers, grilled veggies) though I haven't enough courage to tackle the dessert just yet. It will be coming.

Again.... you can't beat JD's rub recipe. I do add a little red pepper flake to it though.

Back