New Nosler Professional in 9.3x62

poprlj

Beginner
Jun 27, 2017
just got the rifle , and got a Vortex Viper 1-6 scope and rings to mount on it . will report on this soon

poprlj":3nqjsvx1 said:
just got the rifle , and got a Vortex Viper 1-6 scope and rings to mount on it . will report on this soon

Very cool. I've looked at that one a few times... The 9.3 is a beast of a cartridge. Can't wait to hear how you make out with it.

A great chambering. It will serve you well, without a doubt. Welcome to the forum.

Can't wait to hear your experience with this rifle. This chambering intrigues me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son took the 9.3 to the range both to sight in and to follow the Nosler break end procedure.He fired a total of 45 rounds and was very pleased with the results, it consistently held to less than a MOA using Serbian ammo.
He did state that his shoulder was a little tender after shooting 45 rounds of the bench but it was not bad.

Nice! Glad it's working out well.

Hoping to hear a glowing report of performance afield too!

Guy

poprlj":3hyup2e4 said:
My son took the 9.3 to the range both to sight in and to follow the Nosler break end procedure.He fired a total of 45 rounds and was very pleased with the results, it consistently held to less than a MOA using Serbian ammo.
He did state that his shoulder was a little tender after shooting 45 rounds of the bench but it was not bad.
I know the feeling I have been playing with mine now and anything over about 20 rounds starts to get punishing

My 14 year old Granddaughter got her first deer and used the 9.3 x 62 , one shot at apox 100yds, Serbian 286 gr ammo. She was ?is a very proud young lady.

poprlj":2vl88m10 said:
My 14 year old Granddaughter got her first deer and used the 9.3 x 62 , one shot at apox 100yds, Serbian 286 gr ammo. She was ?is a very proud young lady.

Congrats! (y)

I have a PAST sissy pad that I wear on heavy kickers - makes a world of difference. I have an early Wby 300 Fibermark, and the McMillan stock has a solid pad on it. That thing would turn me blac, blue, green and yellow (the green and yellow after a week or so), with just a handful of shots. I can shoot a box of 20 off the bench with the sissy pad and never get the slightest bruise. I am on blood thinners now, so I would probably look like I got jumped in an alley without it.

I had to put a decelerator pad on my 9.3 mauser. The little 1/8” plastic butt plate just wasn’t cutting it lol.

I believe the Nosler Professional Rifle recoil pad is a Decelerator, Olivia weighs 98 pounds.:)

poprlj":34kjh6cb said:
I believe the Nosler Professional Rifle recoil pad is a Decelerator, Olivia weighs 98 pounds.:)

Sounds like she can handle that big 9.3, congratulations on her deer (y)

She is getting a Weatherby 6.5 Creedmoor for Christmas The Womans version.

Took a grandson to the range last week for some shotgun shooting while there we shot the 9.3 and the 416 Ruger. no place to shoot offhand so had to shoot off the bench. the 416 really gets your attention off the bench.He was very proud of himself shooting the 416 and did a good job accuracy wise.

Yee Haw!

Ya, the 416's are nudging up into the recoil level I do not enjoy. It's great to read that you're taking these young folks out to the range to shoot with you!

Any hunting plans for the 9.3 or the 416 this fall?

Guy

Just for the heck of it Alex will be taking the 416 to the deer blind. Pig and
Whitetail . Shooting Serbian ammo,will be reloading some lighter loads. We had the send the rifle back to Ruger as it would not feed properly from its magazine, not what you want in a DGR. It's foreseeable role is to accompany my son on his bear hunting trips.

Back