Montana Sling

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
I'd heard about the "Montana Sling" off and on for years, but am normally real well stuck on my leather 1907/military style slings, preferably from Turner Saddlery. Yesterday at the local gunshop, they happened to have one new Montana Sling, unpackaged, for a ridiculously low price, so I treated myself.

This thing attaches easily, and is very quickly adjustable for length, just by sliding the knot up or down. And, from what I can tell, that knot holds position quite well. The sling is of very heavy, thick leather, and made in Montana.

http://www.montanagunslings.com/

Set up my .25-06 with the Montana Sling, set the 6x Leupold on 6x :mrgreen: filled the magazine with three 115 gr "Blue Cyclone" handloads, threw myself prone on the shooting mat (well, almost).

GVcFbgfl.jpg

Fired three rounds as quickly as I could get on target, fire, work the bolt and get on the next target! One at 100, then 200 and finally the 300 yard gong. Bang, Bang, Bang, Clang! Three good hits! (y) The sling worked just fine as a shooting aid. I'll know more later in the season, but so far, I really like it!

8BZCPlyl.jpg

Regards, Guy

Those are nice Guy! Being a Montana boy I have looked at them and they are quality stuff! Glad you liked it.

Montana has quite the nice little firearms & accessory industry going...

Guy

I have used them quite alot. They aren't too bad at reducing a few ounces over the full 1907 sling but keeping the ability for a quick hasty sling. They do look real nice!

Guy,
Been running one on my 325wsm since '10. It works real well. It's not just a carry strap it slingsand adjusts well. It even is big enough to sling across my back, Did that for 400yds while sneaking on a zebra, worked well. The rough side holds position really well. I think you'll like it even more after you use it some.

Scott

I love the Montana sling. The owner Pat Sinclair is the real deal too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are y'all using this sling for a "quick sling"? I've had one for a few years and have only used it as a carrying sling. I just couldn't get it comfortable as a shooting aid.

Back