Thinking of culling the herd.................

Fotis does this time to time...

As I recall, a few year ago it was Ruger Number One rifles he was heavy on, then sold 'em off...

Guy

very nice collection of fine rifles. Best of luck on whatever decision you make. You certainly have many options available to you.

Cheyenne, I can not tell you what was in Fotis mind when he was stocking up on several varmint rifles, but some use them to target practice, in Wyoming shooting whistle pigs at a distance is enjoyable by many, Ammo is less expensive so you can shoot more for less with the smaller calibers, sometimes one will read a magazine article and decide they have to have a certain caliber and/or rifle. Your situation is a little different, as you dont target practice, you use your rifles as tools, and have never had the money to own some of the very fine rifles Fotis owns. However, on the flip side, I am sure Fotis has a dog or two, but probably not twenty dogs and two wolves like you do.

Some men collet books, some rifles, some women, in the long run books and rifles are the cheapest of the three to collect

I would pair down to 3 plus a 12 gauge :wink:.

1). .22cal in a CZ
2). 280AI in a RMR
3). 35 Whelen in a RMR
I have a shotgun that I would get rid which is the SBE ll and find good a O/U for upland (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Fotis,

Here's advice from a degenerate gun buyer. :twisted:

17 Hornet CZ 527
22 Hornet CZ 527
I would dump the two Hornet rounds; not because they aren't good, but they don't do anything better than other rounds and I am not a fan of rimmed rounds in a bolt-action.

222 rem CZ 527 222 rem
223 rem Ruger 1V LMT SS wood1:8
Sell the 1-V; the 527 in .222 Rem. can fill that niche and allows for faster shooting while prone or seated. You can also form .222 Rem. cases from .223 Rem. if necessary.

204 Ruger Savage 12 V 204 Ruger
22-250 Rem Savage LRPV 1:9
220 Swift Rem 700 FVSS
Sell the .204 to streamline bullet inventories. Keep the more accurate of the two others.

240 WBY WBY VANGUARD S2 (JAP)
257 WBY MK V FIBERMARK (JAP)
Sell the .240 Wby; the .257 Wby. is a quintessential Weatherby round.

6.5 CREEDMORE SAVAGE LONG RANGE PRECISION
6.5x300 WBY MK V ACCUMARK--Custom made for me
270 WBY MKV ULTRA LITE (USA)
Sell the .270 Wby.; the 6.5-300 Wby.offers similar ballistics (plus that gun was made for you). Keep the 6.5 Creedmore if you expect to use it on deer.

7MM REM MAG VOERE TITAN II
7MM WBY MARK V EUROMARK (JAP)
Sell them both. The .6.5-.300 and .300 Wby. cover this niche fairly well and it will streamline bullet inventories.

30-06 TIKKA T-3 SUPER LITE
30-30 WIN WINCHESTER 94
30-378 WBY WBY ACCUMARK (USA)
300 WBY MK V DELUXE
308 WIN SAKO FINNWOLF
Keep the .30-06 and .300 Wby. (which is also a quintessential Weatherby cartridge) They cover all the bases in .30 caliber.

338-378 WBY MK V ACCUMARK
340 WBY MK V DELUXE
Keep the .340 Wby. It is another quintessential Weatherby cartridge.

348 WIN BROWNING 71
.35 REM MARLIN 336
Keep the .348 M-71. Great rifle, excellent round for elk.

378 WBY LASERMARK 5 PANEL (JAP)
416 WBY CLASSICMARK II (JAP)
You HAVE to keep a .378 Wby. in the house - it's so YOU! :mrgreen: Sell the .416.

44 WCF WINCHESTER 1873
444 MARLIN MARLIN 444 1:38
45-70 MARLIN 1895 COWBOY
450 MARLIN MARLIN 1895 GS Special coating
Keep the .45-70. It is one of your favorite rifle/cartridge combinations.

I didn't see any rimfires on that list.

George

I only have 2 rimfires.

WBY XXII 22
and Marlin 39A 22

Hmm.

Anyway, what do you think of my recommendations?

George
P.S. 8 weeks from now.... :grin:

They sound good. I have to reshoot the 378 and the 416 to see if they were not a fluke (I know the 416 is not)

The 27o bee I love. It shoots 1 hole and it is an Ultralightweight

Ha-ha! That's how it always plays out for me, too.

I want to sell guns but they shoot too well. :lol:

George

270 Bee Ulta light weight

270_bee_150_ablr_zpsyjoyngyo.jpg

It's funny Fotis - not long ago I had a fellow telling me that the Ultra Light Weatherby wouldn't shoot well...

I don't have one, but I figured you'd already made one sing! (y)

Guy

Guy Miner":3dqx1n0n said:
It's funny Fotis - not long ago I had a fellow telling me that the Ultra Light Weatherby wouldn't shoot well...

I don't have one, but I figured you'd already made one sing! (y)

Guy

Only the 300 Bees in the Ultraweights are problematic!...
Never ever seen one shoot well

How many different big game animals have you taken with the 416 and the 378? Even though it's a 270, the Bee could Perhaps be substituted for a 7mm Mag.

about 4 each elkman
nothing with the 460 ....yet!

So one of those would be a keeper. Then you can work down caliber wise from there (y)

Back