Swift 210 Scirocco 338 WM 2990FPS

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Recovered one of these in the 5th jug. Shot at about 20 yards. About as near perfect expansion as you could want. Darned near .75" expansion. With the way they shoot im pretty happy with them.

Scotty,

That's impressive performance. That'll make for some good elk medicine.

JD338

Almost impossible not to be happy with that performance. Great catch.

Nice shooting there too Scotty! You gotta love the performance of those pictures, it shoots well, and backs it up with retained weight, and diameter....... Although I never like them! lol I just couldn't get them to shoot well for me!

Yeah, I'm sure that would work on all things. Congrats on your catch and nice groups. Kinda makes me wanna pull the 338 from the back of the safe to the front row.
Take care

So far I’m pretty impressed with them. Fire lapping really turned this old P64 around.

I feel pretty decent with that rifle shooting over a back pack. It seems to be tracking pretty true.

Excellent shooting! Looks like you are ready to put some elk meat in the freezer.

Every time I load these I get pressure. Today I had them loaded with 69.5grs R17, 70grs and 70.5grs. Hard bolt lift with 69.5 and when I tried the 70gr load the first shot I had to slap the bolt with my palm to get it to open. I stopped right there and when I got home I pulled the bullets from the rest of the loads.

Are you maybe jamming them into the rifling without knowing?

I actually couldn’t tell you why you’re seeing pressure TD. This load runs right all the time from my gun. I haven’t used any load that has been more consistent than this combo.

SJB358":2qdj1q0t said:
Are you maybe jamming them into the rifling without knowing?

I actually couldn’t tell you why you’re seeing pressure TD. This load runs right all the time from my gun. I haven’t used any load that has been more consistent than this combo.
I don't think I'm jamming them since I seated them .070" off the lands.
The one that was very hard was seated .065" off which may indicate a OAL problem but I already have 3/4 of the bullet seated in the case so I don't know but I will recheck the OAL to the lands.

Okay just checked the OAL to the lands and I am .060"-.070" off the lands with these. I'll load some at .090"&.100" and see what happens. Powder charge was 70.5grs which is in the middle of the low node and under Max pressure.

What sort of speed are you getting with that charge? I’m mid 2900’s with 72 grains in Nosler cases. I could get a touch more but this load is really shooting well for me.

SJB358":4mkda95i said:
What sort of speed are you getting with that charge? I’m mid 2900’s with 72 grains in Nosler cases. I could get a touch more but this load is really shooting well for me.
I've looked everywhere for my velocity records for this load and can't find them but believe it to be around 2950.

truck driver":3jf15t1o said:
SJB358":3jf15t1o said:
I've looked everywhere for my velocity records for this load and can't find them but believe it to be around 2950.

That shouldn’t be extreme enough to give you psi problems. They are stickier than Partitions but they seem to be running excellent in my gun at about that speed. I’ll be interested to see what you find out.

How long before you head to MT? What’s your final load for the trip?

SJB358":22t2n4is said:
truck driver":22t2n4is said:
SJB358":22t2n4is said:

That shouldn’t be extreme enough to give you psi problems. They are stickier than Partitions but they seem to be running excellent in my gun at about that speed. I’ll be interested to see what you find out.

How long before you head to MT? What’s your final load for the trip?
I found my 10 shot load ladder and that load was running 2923fps. I was trying to find a good load with these as a back up to my 210PT load I worked up but never had the time to develop with all the health problems that sprang up in July and August with Sept and Oct spent recouping. I just found time to shoot some I had loaded to find the seating depth and ran into the pressure which did show up when I did the ladder.

I'll be leaving the end of next week and have everything ready to go ( choice of 3 rifles, 338, 35/AI and the 7Rem all 3 with range proven loads ).
That dang 35/AI still thinks it's a bench rest rifle with 225PTs and 200ABs. It's going to be hard leaving it home and I may just take all three.

Here’s a recovered 210 Scirocco from my 338... hard to beat em

Back