VX-6 3-18x44mm

I have the VX-6 3-18x44mm mounted on the 338 RUM and have rung steel at 300, 400, 600 and 800 yds. On 18x, I was able to see the impacts on the steel gong as well as the tin backer at 800 yds.!
Here are a few pictures
DSCN06781.jpg

DSCN06791.jpg

DSCN06801.jpg

DSCN06811.jpg

DSCN06831.jpg

DSCN06841.jpg

JD338

Jim, what do you think if the elevation adjustments? Mine don't seem to really click as positively as I thought they would. It seems to track fine though. Looking forward to stretching it out some more.

Scotty, they are not M1 dials which I truly miss.

JD338

JD338":kv8pjnc7 said:
Scotty, they are not M1 dials which I truly miss.

JD338

Yeah, they don't seem to be as "clicky" as the old VX3 CDS dials either. Kinda makes me wonder. I do like the glass and the reticle though Jim. Beautiful as far as this knuckle dragged can see.

Looks good, JD!

Are M1s able to be retrofitted?

I'm surprised to see you still have the J-Lock on that rifle...

Good looking setup, Jim. I have that scope on my 7mm Mauser, which is sort of overkill. However, it was free at the time I needed a scope.

That scope looks quite at home on the Rum. Nice to see you had the chance to ring her out a little.

Jim, that is a good looking set up and I am sure it will do everything you want it too. The VX6 is a fine scope!!!

Blessings,
Dan

Jim? How does she track?

Also on the turrets pictured... are the turrets lift-unlock and press down-to lock?

The tracking has been spot on to 800 yards.
The stock dials lift to calibrate and push down to lock.
I did send the scope back and had the tactical dials installed.
They look like the M1 dials. Much better but still not a M1.

JD338

Nice looking rig you have there Jim. I have the same stock sitting in a corner I bought for a rifle that I later sold. I'll find another rifle for it one day.

Recently ordered a VX 6 2-12 x42 for a 257 Weatherby Vangard. This is a big change for me as I 've been hunting with a 35 Whelen for the past 20 or so years. Recently , with my son, got a Nosler Professional 9.3 by 62 and we put a Vortex !-6 viper PST on it. It will be mostly used by him. Not sure why i got the 257 except that I wanted it. Thanks for reading my ramble :)

Welcome poprly, I have that identical scope and it is my favourite one in my collection :wink:.
I am sure that you are going to enjoy that scope and also the 257 is a great calibre (y).

Blessings,
Dan

The Scope is holding up on the 338 RUM. One week ago Friday, I shot a crop damage deer with it. DRT with a high shoulder shot. The next evening, 4 shots, 4 dead does in 15 minutes! Love this scope.

JD338

Back