Alaska

salmonchaser":1vljd2up said:
60 pound boy and about 60 pounds of fish, he did well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He did very well. His family has to be proud of him!

IMG_1430.JPG
The fire weed has topped out, winter is coming, first frost two weeks away, I have a month to go.

salmonchaser, I don't know about you but you telling me only a month to go makes me sad :shock:. It truly is beautiful up there but I know once you get home you likely have about 2 days and then you are into the pheasant season :wink:.
Thank you for the effort you have put into giving us a glimpse of Alaska (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Mike, his family is very proud of him. He is being raised by his Grandfather, who has fished with us every year for the last 15. The kid is a straight A student, impeccably polite and a joy to have in camp.
Dan it is bittersweet knowing I have a month left. Yes it will be about two days and I'll be pheasant hunting and deer season will be in full swing by October 1.
My tenure house sitting on the ranch has come to an end so I'm in the process of buying a home now. I found the place, five acres, 1900 sq ft home with a view and an 1800 sq ft shop. It's up in the Blue Mts about 1/2 hour out of Pendleton. Doing all the negotiations etc from up here has been a pain but closing is set for the day after deer season closes. So I'll be hitting the ground running.
I was wrong on the frost. Last night it dipped into the high 20s. The dock was a sheet of ice this morning.
Winter is coming.

Man salmonchaser you sure have a full plate you never sit still and that is a good thing :mrgreen:.
Well keep the photos and stories coming we never tire of them (y).

Blessings,
Dan

There are some rewarding moments particularly with the kids I get to guide. This young lady has had an epic week. Not only is she a master with a fly rod, she has landed 40 silvers. She decided the guides needed a treat and baked us a cake.IMG_1434.JPG

Bright fish. Looks to be in great shape. She has every reason to be pleased.

Nice fish, and that cake looks real good. Talented young lady............

The cake was good, we had all the guests in to celebrate an epic silver run.
163a840525eaf75075bfe5702653182e.png

I honestly have no idea how many silvers I've netted this week but I'm getting pretty damn good at it.

Thank you again my friend great photos and also the mentorship with all the youngsters it speaks well for their future (y)

Blessings,
Dan

Who said you can't have your cake and eat it too? Looks like she is a keeper for some young man in her future. Plus she can catch dinner.
Not many young ladies know how to cook at her age anymore.

Some days the guests invite me to fish a little, always nice to get one for dinner.IMG_1440.JPG

Fishing, no, never gets old. Guiding can. If I recall correctly I've had two half days off since May 22. Today was a full day off. I've been to the dump, to town for fuel twice, bailed the boats that aren't out, twice and spent two hours on the phone working on my home loan. Oh and we had bears in camp last night at 0300. I'm bone tired, I look tired in the photo. I'm going to pump 100 gallons of boat gas into the holding tank, then wrestle a float plane to the dock. ( wind direction is wrong for coming along side. The pilot approach under power, until the dock hand can grab the ropes tying the plane before he overshoots. Kinda like goat roping.
Then I'll fix dinner, since I had the day off.
Thankfully the guests have been great this summer, it's been fun.

I always give Grizz the right of way. Stumbled into this bear about noon. Figured we would stay where we were and he would wander off. Dang bear took a nap so I couldn't fish one of my favorite runsIMG_1500.JPGIMG_1512.JPGIMG_1516.JPG
I really wanted to fish that spot, last chance until next year. We have him lots of room and slipped into the river a couple hundred yards below him. Hope he had a good nap.

Back