2016 Hunting Pictures

Hi,
I was invited by a friend to a driven wild boar hunt in the south west parts of Sweden the weekend before christmas 2016.

These two appeared in front of my Husqvarna/Carl Gustaf 1900, 7mm RM.
The 150gr Swift Scirocco II did the job :)

/Jarre
View attachment IMG_0007-2.jpg

Excellent photos on a job well done :wink:.
I hope there was some fine eating off of those 2 wild boar (y).
Thank you for posting.

Blessings,
Dan

Congratulations! Those are a couple good sized boars. The Scirocco II is an excellent bullet as proven by you and your 7mm RM.

Are there many wild boars in Sweden?

AFG270":1bqsuqzy said:
Congratulations! Those are a couple good sized boars. The Scirocco II is an excellent bullet as proven by you and your 7mm RM.

Thanks!

The one on the left had a living weight of 92kg and the other 116kg.

Yes I love the Scirocco. It gives the same effect in our Scandinavian moose as the boars in the picture :lol:

The wild boar population is growing. Quite fast right now due to a couple of mild winters.
I haven't been able to find any official figures, but a good estimate would be a population around 300000.
Keep in mind that wild boar is present only in the southern half of Sweden.

/Jarre

Jarre":ynwqfkr1 said:
AFG270":ynwqfkr1 said:

Thanks!

The wild boar population is growing. Quite fast right now due to a couple of mild winters.
I haven't been able to find any official figures, but a good estimate would be a population around 300000.
Keep in mind that wild boar is present only in the southern half of Sweden.

/Jarre
Interesting. Yeah, the wild boar population can grow very quickly, they were reintroduced to several areas in the Southwest USA and became established quickly. The farmers and rancher have not been to happy about it.

Back