Switching my carry pistol...

Ridgerunner665

Handloader
Oct 28, 2008
Been carrying a Glock 36 for several years, and it has served me well, but after getting my wife the Glock 19 I have very much fallen head over heels for the size, fit, and feel of that pistol.

But I'm getting a Glock 32, 357 Sig... Near 600 ft. lbs. of energy in a perfect size pistol.

I sorta wanted G29, but they're just too thick, my hands are plenty big enough for the 29, but I just don't like carrying a gun that thick.

357 Sig ammo is pricey, but it won't be a range gun anyway.

I'll likely sell the 36, it has a new set of Trijicon HD sights, a Mitch Rosen Holster, 2 or 3 Galco double mag carriers (all dark brown), and I think 5 magazines with Pearce +0 mag extensions.

I'd let all that, or just the gun, go for a song of anyone is interested.

I've been enamored with the G19 I got for my wife every since she got it. No wonder that is the best selling pistol on the market, its the perfect size. But, I'm no 9mm fan... Don't much like 40 either... So I split the difference, and got a Glock 32 357 Sig.

Its the most power and capacity you can get in a slim compact pistol.

Also decided to go back to IWB carry, found a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 on Amazon, I carried a 1911 in one of those for several years and really liked it a lot. I do plan on getting another Mitch Rosen 5JR later as well, for those OWB occasions.

Got a set of Trijicon sights on the way too, didn't get the HD's this time though, them damn things are just too sharp there on the rear sight, gets rough on forearms and elbows when carried OWB.

Undecided on ammo... Really wanted to try Underwood, but I just don't much like the idea of over 1,500 fps from a 4" barrel... If they'd offer a 125 grain Gold Dot load at an honest 1,400 fps I'd order a case.

So, I got some Speer LE 125 Gold Dot ammo on the way, and will also try some HST loads very soon.

Got a 20# RSA also, figured it couldn't hurt.

The 357 Sig is a one trick pony, for sure.... But that one trick is exactly what I want it for.

I've carried the Glock 23 for 14 years. The size of the 19/23/32 is just about ideal as you can get in my opinion for a versatile platform. I've been tempted to drop in. .357 Sig barrel but .40 ammo is free:)

Mission accomplished...

I'm packing the Glock 32 in the Versa Max 2, night sights installed, 40 rounds of 125 grain Gold Dot on board (the good loads, Speer part number 54234).

Range report in a couple of days.

I have two Sig .40 calibers, P239 is for carry ICW, and the P229 Equinox is home use. I have been willing to buy the drop ins in .357 Sig for those two SigSauers, but never got around to it.

Is it worth it? Reason I asked is I never had done a drop in before.

That's a question only you can answer...

My reason for the 357 was simple... its the most powerful round that comes in a comfy to carry pistol.

I wanted to go 10mm, but the G20 is too big all over for me to carry, and the 29 is too fat.

So I landed on the Glock 32 after about 2 years of deciding on what pistol to get.

I wanted more power and capacity than the 45 was giving me... The 357 delivers in spades.

Range day today.... My wife with her new Gen 4 G19, me with my G40 and the new G32.

100 rounds of Speer 125 Gold Dot (54234) through the G32, it ran like a Swiss watch... Not a single bobble of any kind.

Accurate!!! Very, very accurate!!! Glock triggers, as we all know, are like a box of chocolates... Never know what you're gonna get.... The G32 has the best out of the box Glock trigger I've ever came out with yet, I haven't touched it and may not (I generally do the 25 cent trigger job on all my Glocks).

The G32 has a very good wall before the break, and breaks clean.... Easy to stage.

Recoil... Not an issue, its easier to shoot than the G36 was with hot +P 230 grain ammo.

Muzzle blast.... Yeah, she's loud, but no worse than a snubby .357 would be.

Overall I'm extremely happy with my new carry pistol... Taking 2 years to do the research before switching pistols paid off.

No pics, the range was pretty busy today... Didn't wanna spend any more time down range than necessary.

I came to the Glock band wagon SLOW and only own one a Glock 19 and it is easy to shoot accurately light recoil. I carry it with Federal HST 124gr and have complete faith in it.
This from someone who is a Colt 1911 fan.

Lynn,

Sounds like you have yourself a great Glock there.
That Sig 357 is a pretty impressive round.

JD338

Holster update...

The Versa Max 2 just isn't working, its plenty comfortable and all, I just can't conceal it anymore... It worked great 10 years and 40 pounds ago... That 40 pounds isn't "all" fluff by the way.

I'm not really out of shape, pretty good shape at 44 years old in my opinion...6 feet and 190 pounds... I'm gonna try appendix carry, I have a High Noon Alter Ego ordered.

I will be selling the black Versa Max 2 when I get the Alter Ego... Barely used...

$115 shipped... As most know, it will fit Glock 19, 23, and 32.

Stick around 13 gr of the Accurate #9 you're shooting in that 10 mm with the 124 Gold Dot and you'll be real happy I think.
It's what I run in mine.
Great choice on a carry pistol.

Back