H4350 doggone it!

Guy Miner":1164bxxr said:
Oh, I figure to go through all or most of the Varget, and much of the H4350 within a year...

1200 rounds of .308 will pretty much eat up 8 pounds of Varget.

Guy
It's know wonder you buy it in those 8 lb. jugs...... I didn't know you shot the "mean green" that much! I have always bought 1 pounders since I never liked the air exposed to it very often, but then again I don't eat up that much powder either of one kind, usually 3 lbs. of each.

I used to shoot the ol' Green Machine that much, but have slacked off in recent years... Hoping to do a LOT more shooting with it again, starting this winter.

Gotta brush up some rifle skills that have started getting a little rusty...

Guy

I keep hearing IMR4451 Is a good replacement for H4350 but when I tried it in a couple of cartridges it didn’t seem to produce the numbers I thought it should. RL16 on the other hand has been a spitting image of H4350 in a few cartridges and is supposed to be very stable. It worked really well in my 30-06.

SJB358":pqrcarvv said:
I keep hearing IMR4451 Is a good replacement for H4350 but when I tried it in a couple of cartridges it didn’t seem to produce the numbers I thought it should. RL16 on the other hand has been a spitting image of H4350 in a few cartridges and is supposed to be very stable. It worked really well in my 30-06.
I’ve yet to try IMR4451, but I can vouch for RL16 being a great powder!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hybrid 100v should also be mentioned in possible alternatives to H4350.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in the Hamburg, PA Cabelas store yesterday and found 6 - 1 lb. containers on the shelf. They all had the same lot number. I took 5 of the 6 for Rol_P and myself. I couldn't bring myself to take all six.

I stopped at the store because I saw that Cabelas listed the powder as available on their website. So those of you in need of it may find it at Cabelas.

Dan

I was in my lgs today and saw 20+ lbs on his shelf. Course I saw the reason, 42$ plus tax for a pound.

Dlallder":2thjku4h said:
I was in my lgs today and saw 20+ lbs on his shelf. Course I saw the reason, 42$ plus tax for a pound.
Wow..... That's a rip off! I paid $28.95 plus tax a pound, $228.00/8 lbs. jugs.

I'm on my last keg. I do have 1 keg of IMR4350 if push came to shove. I use H4350 on my 6.5-47 Lapua, 6 Dasher.

I couldn’t find anything for IMR 4451 and 325 wsm. I worked up a load this weekend which is really nice. 66.3g IMR 4451, 200g Nosler AccuBond. 2870fps 3 fps extreme spread. 66.6g and above was less consistent sd and extractor marks were getting obvious. No other pressure signs.

medspw":2b98u2tg said:
I couldn’t find anything for IMR 4451 and 325 wsm. I worked up a load this weekend which is really nice. 66.3g IMR 4451, 200g Nosler AccuBond. 2870fps 3 fps extreme spread. 66.6g and above was less consistent sd and extractor marks were getting obvious. No other pressure signs.

Sounds like a great load that can take anything in North America easily, welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum, medspw. I use a 325WSM launching the 200 grain PT at roughly the velocity you list (2872 +/-10, yielding 0.31 MOA). I know that it will knock down moose and elk with genuine authority. I have no doubt that your load will work equally well.

I have a 1 lb of H4350 that has never been opened if you are by Dubuque IA. I will sell it.
Tell the truth I just found it yesterday did not remember buying it.

Midsouth had some H4350 about an hour ago. Varget, H4895, & H1000 too.

SHHHHH... Maybe there's some left.

Back