150gr scirocco's

leadchucker

Beginner
Sep 19, 2012
I finally got some time today to test the scirocco's in the Tikka t3 .308win. Haven't measured yet but should be in the .3's. 44.6gr of varget, fed210 primer, rem brass. 100 yds 3 shot group. It's the lowest holes on the target.
86f2f7663bff56b81a73d5a334c319e0.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Sciroccos are a great bullet; and you've developed a great load that honours them.

i sure am impressed. best part is, i back off a half grain and load the same combination with a 150 bt and i get almost exact same poi. And the same tight group.!

Scirocco is a great bullet. I just got back from an aoudad hunt in West Texas. Used 56 grains of RL16, trimmed Winchester case and 180 grain Scirocco with my trust '06. 316 yards and DRT.

Good to hear. I have them loaded in my .257wby mag as well. I couldn't seem to get them to shoot in my .243 win though.

Well it finally happened. Fought all season to find a Muley buck in my draw zone. Got er done. Mmmm sausage! .308win 150gr scirocco's!
2666045dd4e2c5b085426269934a28a5.jpg
e7a0fe27ff8d8b84d8380890b0c98d98.jpg

leadchucker":1x955xgs said:
Well it finally happened. Fought all season to find a Muley buck in my draw zone. Got er done. Mmmm sausage! .308win 150gr scirocco's!
2666045dd4e2c5b085426269934a28a5.jpg
e7a0fe27ff8d8b84d8380890b0c98d98.jpg

Yes he is a tasty specimen [emoji38]
6e97e5bb5e51500175da01b9734ef0cf.jpg

Oh, yeah, that is a dandy! Congratulations! Good looking muley. And the meat looks excellent.

Nice mulie congratulations, I bet he tastes great :) That recovered Scirocco looks like pretty much every one retrieved from game posted on this site, perfect performance. They seem to consistently work very well.

gerry":3vhvu62f said:
Nice mulie congratulations, I bet he tastes great :) That recovered Scirocco looks like pretty much every one retrieved from game posted on this site, perfect performance. They seem to consistently work very well.
Yes I am very impressed with the scirocco's. Right through the chest went up and broke the spine found in the hide.[emoji106]

leadchucker":cfiu88fc said:
gerry":cfiu88fc said:
Yes I am very impressed with the scirocco's. Right through the chest went up and broke the spine found in the hide.[emoji106]

Heart and lungs were well...just not there anymore. .[WHITE SMILING FACE]

DrMike":2bheahm0 said:
Oh, yeah, that is a dandy! Congratulations! Good looking muley. And the meat looks excellent.
Yes sir he was delicious! [emoji38]

Very nice. Great buck and cool recovery. Another fan of the Scirocco here as well.

Tried scirocco in my 06 years ago, didn't shoot well for me, I might still have a partial box if anybody wants them.
In any event that is a dandy buck, looks to be well fed, congratulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

salmonchaser":13rveta2 said:
Tried scirocco in my 06 years ago, didn't shoot well for me, I might still have a partial box if anybody wants them.
In any event that is a dandy buck, looks to be well fed, congratulations.

I’ll take them Don. I might have something to shoot em in :lol:

I'm still getting my new house set up, painting the reloading/gun room as we speak. Hopefully installing the cabinets next week and organizing. If I find them I'll let you know.

salmonchaser":1iun8y57 said:
I'm still getting my new house set up, painting the reloading/gun room as we speak. Hopefully installing the cabinets next week and organizing. If I find them I'll let you know.

No problem buddy.

FOTIS":1iun8y57 said:
Are they hard to find an accurate load with?

I don’t think they are hard at all. If you jump them right from the get go they come around fast. If you treat them like an unbonded cup and core they make you pull out your hair.

Back