Bushnell 2-7x32 3500

gerry

Ammo Smith
Mar 1, 2007
Any reason to avoid them? I'm looking at a Burris 3-9x40 FF II but the local store here also has the Bushnell 2-7x32 3500 which looks pretty good looking through it in the store. Both are on sale right now and I do need one more scope. If I get the Burris it would go on my 270 Win, the Bushnell would go on my 35 Whelen.

Gerry,

I never had the 3500, but I have owned several 3000s. I had two 2-7X32 3000 scopes. They were quite good for the money. I have heard nothing but good about the 3500s. If I found them and was looking for a scope, I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up.

Well Maria and I went down to Canadian Tire and looked at a few scopes and decided to get the 2-7x32 Bushnell Elite, $250 out the door is a pretty good price around here . It seems like a pretty solidly built scope so I am putting it on my 35 Whelen and see how it works. Worst case scenario would be to put it on the old 303 British spare gun that gets lent out to youth hunters. Eye relief seems to be decent and it probably won't take too long around here to see how the Rainguard coatings work. It's supposed to be good.

The old Leupold 6x36 on it worked great on it and will get put on something else eventually. The only reason I'm replacing it on this gun was wanting to be able to turn the scope down when going after bears in the bush. I had to finish off a bear a young hunter shot this spring that made it into the bush. It was 5:00 am and in the heavy timber it was dark and I had trouble picking up the bear to finish it off. It all worked out but decided to put a low power scope on it to make it easier.

Gerry, I have used a number of the 3200s along with 4200s & my Dad had a Scopechief he used for years :wink:. I actually inherited that scope when the power ring seized. I sent it in & they told me it was to old for its lifetime warranty :shock:.
Anyways I got rid of most of my Bushnell equipment, then approximately 3 or 4 years ago they went to unconditional lifetime warranty & I now know a number of hunters that have bought the 3500 & 6500 Elites & really like them (y).
I believe Bushnell has really stepped up on their CS & warranty!
I am sure you will like the variable option :).

Blessings,
Dan

Back