Starting to get the "Winter Wonderland" thing going on....

35 Whelen

Handloader
Dec 22, 2011
Though it is just 3 weeks later than normal :x About 2/3" of ice on the lakes so hopefully should be able to get bait out for Coyotes soon!
20171210_110222.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous. I know those of you that get a good amount of snow get tired of it but I'd trade a winters worth of that for the wet crap we get all winter here in the Puget Sound area.

Now they are saying 5/8" more tonite and tomorrow! Here
We go again!

Just got up to put wood in the stove and let my oldest dog
Out, its 3 below zero here tonite and we are about to recieve another snow. I picked up a road kill deer yesterday so will be dragging it out onto the ice shortly, so
Coyote season is about to start soon! Let the games begin!

You're really starting to make me jealous. Frozen lake, cold and dry powdery snow and coyotes to shoot....

Lefty how bout this, while I am waiting for a yodel dog to show up , I can admire my new Model 70 .......20171212_081728.jpg
Been drooling over one of these for a while now. This really is something to be jealous about! :wink:
Just looked outside at my deck and we got close to 10" of snow from this storm!

Well we just got another 14" of snow on Christmas Day, then it's turned cold! It's -10 below tonite with 30 kt gusts, so as they used to say " must be coming right off Hudsons Bay"...
Broke the record today in Minnesota that had held since 1924! OMG
IMG_1893.JPG
Here is the forecast:
Rest Of Tonight: Mostly clear. Lows around 10 below. West winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Wind chill readings as low as 32 below.

Thursday: Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of snow showers in the morning. Highs around 2 above. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 20 percent. Wind chill readings as low as 28 below.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear. Lows around 9 below. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Wind chill readings as low as 27 below.

Friday: Partly sunny. Highs around 6 above. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy. Lows around 7 below. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday: Partly sunny. Highs around 5 above.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy. Lows around 10 below.

Sunday: Partly sunny. Highs around 5 above.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy. Lows around 10 below.

New Years Day: Partly sunny. Highs around 5 above.
I think you get the picture! It's probably warmer in Nome, AK
Than here this week!

just keep lookin at that Winchester and not the thermometer, and hope the furnace keeps working. Here in the big sh*tty in Mn, 1-3 inches of snow tonight, temps below zero and 2 million idiots like me on the freeway in the morning. Every body "tuning there bumpers... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: " CL

Not to hijack your thread but I heard tonight that Erie PA got over 60 inches of snow in the last couple of days?

That's correct Lefty. I have a good hunting Buddy that lives just South of Erie and they got so much snow he's trying to figure out how to hibernate till Spring.

Lol,
Here is this mornings readings check out
The Windchill ( mid left side)IMG_1899.JPG

I always check the weather in the town my Grandpa lives in NE Montana. Two days ago it was -24 at 8:00AM. Pretty sure he wasn't leaving the nursing home that day!!!

Uggggg :twisted: We are headed to Arizona for the winter as soon as the roads clear a little.

Hazardous Weather Outlook
Wind Chill Advisory

Rest Of Tonight: Partly cloudy. Lows around 17 below. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Wind chill readings as low as 33 below.

Sunday: Partly sunny. Scattered flurries in the morning. Highs around 3 above. West winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Wind chill readings as low as 28 below.

Sunday Night: Mostly clear. Lows around 11 below. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Wind chill readings as low as 28 below.

New Years Day: Mostly sunny in the morning...then becoming partly sunny. Highs around 3 above. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy. Lows around 11 below. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tuesday: Partly sunny. Highs zero to 5 above zero.

Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy. Lows around 10 below.

Wednesday: Partly sunny. Highs 15 to 20.

Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy. Lows 5 to 10 above.

Thursday: Cloudy. Snow likely...mainly in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 20s. Chance of snow 70 percent.

Thursday Night: Snow likely. Lows around 5 above. Chance of snow 70 percent.

Friday: Mostly cloudy in the morning...then becoming partly sunny. A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Highs around 10 above.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy. Lows around 10 below.

Saturday: Partly sunny. Highs around zero.

31 here in south central Washington this am. Headed to AZ today, for a few monthsl

Just recived 15" of snow from this blizzard ! Now the wind is screaming 35kts and its headed back down below zero as we get frontal passage. OMG winter is upon us in Maine!
Over a foot of ice here now on both our lakes.

Back