Ruger LCR-X .22 LR

6mm Remington

Ammo Smith
Feb 27, 2006
So I saw the add for these new Ruger compact revolvers and was really interested as they looked like the perfect little pistol for plinking, small game hunting (grouse - rabbits, etc), and even self-defense. Better than a stick anyway if you have it on you.

The pistol is an 8 shot revolver with a hammer so you can fire it double action and single action. The barrel length is 3" which I think is just right for something little to carry yet accurate enough for the tasks it's made for.

I went to Cabela's and looked at them and walked out the door with one. I took it to the range right away with 2 boxes of shells to try it out. I wished I would have taken a couple small screwdrivers with me to adjust the rear sight as it needs just a touch of fine tuning there. Nice it has adjustable rear sights on it! I shot 100 rounds of .22 LR through it and it seems like it's going to be just great. It's really lightweight and a Galco Askins holster would be perfect for it. Of course they did not have one in the store. I just wanted to let folks know about this one. I've been looking for a nice little .22 LR pistol like this for a long time.

David.

https://ruger.com/products/lcrx/models.html

The next generation of kit guns! I've been looking for a Bearcat for the same reasons you stated. A lightweight grouse/ rabbit gun when I'm toting a rifle. This might be the ticket.

lefty315":2wxrzg0h said:
The next generation of kit guns! I've been looking for a Bearcat for the same reasons you stated. A lightweight grouse/ rabbit gun when I'm toting a rifle. This might be the ticket.
Lefty I think you would like it. It's really light weight as I said and has pretty darn good sights on it. Of course recoil and noise are very low. I fired mostly double action but did try it right off the bat shooting it single action to see how it might perform accuracy wise. I think it's going to be pretty nice. Both the double action shooting and the single action were good. The trigger is really nice on it. Wish I could post up a couple pictures but I haven't figured out which photo host to use for pictures so I can share them with folks.

Forgot to mention that I really like the shape and feel of the grips too. 17.3 ounces unloaded!!

Does it have the same grip as the website shows? I was almost thinking the shorter grip on some of the other LCR's would be the ticket. May have to just go fondle one.

Looks to be the same grip they show on the LCR-X in the website. It is very comfortable. Now I'm trying to find a nice leather holster for it. The standard LCR holster's will not fit this one.

I've had a few folks show up with those little Ruger revolvers in my handgun classes. They always work out well.

Guy

David,

I just bought a Savage 93 in 22 WMR. Fun little gun to shoot. Even at $15 a box for CCI, it's not that bad.
I think the 22 WMR in a self defense gun is under rated.

JD338

JD338":1pymry8y said:
David,

I just bought a Savage 93 in 22 WMR. Fun little gun to shoot. Even at $15 a box for CCI, it's not that bad.
I think the 22 WMR in a self defense gun is under rated.

JD338
I'd certainly agree with you there. This is more of a fun gun than real defensive work, but then again it's better than a stick!

Back