Can't decide (updated Browning BLR 358 Win)

Scotty that would be a great option for some one who doesn't have a eye sight astigmatism and can see the dot as a nice round dot they work great.

gerry":vwk48s1t said:
A package arrived today containing a Browning BLR 358 Win, 2 magazines, dies, brass and a bunch of bullets. I'll probably start reloading tomorrow sometime :) Thank you DrMike for sending a real nice gun and accessories.

Dr Mike, you THE man!

Gerry, it will serve you well, enjoy

Scotty. That is excellent information for those who have or are interested in purchasing a 71

Congrats on the BLR! I have always loved those rifles. I’m sure nothing in North America can survive a 200 gr TSX/TTSX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scotty, Dr Mike

I think you will both enjoy hearing this

I shot off an email to a friend of ours about that sight Scotty posted, only to find out that a certain young lady's grandfather has already made plans to take one or two with him, in his luggage when he returns in the spring. Supposedly, he feels he can install it himself. Scotty, great minds think alike and Dr Mike, I know you will understand the luggage statement lol

Europe":1yph2fch said:
Scotty, Dr Mike

I think you will both enjoy hearing this

I shot off an email to a friend of ours about that sight Scotty posted, only to find out that a certain young lady's grandfather has already made plans to take one or two with him, in his luggage when he returns in the spring. Supposedly, he feels he can install it himself. Scotty, great minds think alike and Dr Mike, I know you will understand the luggage statement lol

Yeah, I got that. Canada Customs is always laid back about such items. US Homeland Security, not so much.

Thanks everyone for participating in the thread. Off to do some reloading now.

Scotty, those Burris FF 3 sights look to be really good, wouldn't mind one some day on the right gun. Maybe a single shot or lever 357 or 41 magnum rifle. That M 71 in the link is a beauty, it would be neat to see one of our resident 348 Win owners give that set up a whirl.

gerry":1hv5lxp7 said:
Thanks everyone for participating in the thread. Off to do some reloading now.

Scotty, those Burris FF 3 sights look to be really good, wouldn't mind one some day on the right gun. Maybe a single shot or lever 357 or 41 magnum rifle. That M 71 in the link is a beauty, it would be neat to see one of our resident 348 Win owners give that set up a whirl.

I might check it out Gerry. Might need another 348 though, mines zeroed and I hate monkeying with zeroed rifles :mrgreen:

gerry I am so glad you were able to secure that rifle :wink:. DrMike keeps his rifles and all his equipment in A-1 shape.
I would expect that rifle is going to be with you when you take your spring black bear (y) .
I am looking forward to your range reports with photos I hope :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

Congrats on a nice gun! The 358 is one of a couple on my wish list. I keep going back and forth as to what platform I want it in. Nothing wrong with outfit for sure......should be an excellent set up for you.

Scotty, Dan ShadeTree thanks. The gun is going to see some spring bear for sure and it's going to go for deer this fall. Who knows, one of my younger friends may take it for goat as well this summer. This gun is really nice, it has a bit of honest wear but is in fine shape. ShadeTree, I would think you would like how the BLR 358 handles, but there is nothing wrong with a bolt gun either if you go that route.

I'm excited to give it a try, loaded up my first ladder tests today with the 200 gr Hornady Spire Point with IMR 3031, IMR 8208 and H 4895. Hope to shoot them tomorrow.

gerry I am looking forward to your range report :wink:.
I am sorry but I don’t have anymore 200gr. ABs. :shock:.
I know in the area you hunt that BLR is going to be just what the Doctor ordered :mrgreen:.

Blessings,
Dan

gerry I am looking forward to your range report :wink:.
I am sorry but I don’t have anymore 200gr. ABs. :shock:.
I know in the area you hunt that BLR is going to be just what the Doctor ordered :mrgreen:.

Blessings,
Dan

Good choice! I couldn't use the 200 TTSX in my BLR due to magazine length restrictions, but the 200 TSX was peaches! I found that IMR 3031 was Jim Dandy with the 200gr bullets too. Good luck Pard!

Back