Venison while camping

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
ugfSwuil.jpg

pnQYhGcl.jpg

Cooking up some venison steaks while camping this weekend. Ironically I shot the deer last October, only a few miles from where we were camping.

Stove is a 40+ year old Svea 123 that I bought while in high school, about 1973 or so. Still going strong!

Guy

Nothing wrong with that meal. Excellent fare for an afternoon in the mountains (or anywhere in the bush, for that matter).

Guy, I looked at your photograph and I could smell that steak in that pan :wink:!
That is a great meal anywhere (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Nice! That's what's for supper tonight, back strap. But there's something about an outdoor camping meal! Looks good!

Have a big "overlanding" rally coming up at the end of June. I'm leading a couple of 4x4 runs through a canyon with my Jeep. My "Jeep son" will also be doing that, on some more technical 4x4 trails. He's camping next to me at the rally and asked me to be in charge of our food.

I think he misses the cooking Mama and I do... :mrgreen:

So... I'm going to make sure that we eat well. It's kinda fun seeing the other campers sniffing and drooling while we're eating venison backstrap steak, or venison fajitas for dinner.

Guy

Back