2018 Hunting Pictures

Well at least the cow died in a good spot. If that good looking buck had been the cow you may have needed a chainsaw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

salmonchaser":36fuzz06 said:
Well at least the cow died in a good spot. If that good looking buck had been the cow you may have needed a chainsaw.

+1

Great animals, to be certain.

Guy Miner":1uvj52mb said:
elkhunternm":1uvj52mb said:
JD338,yes,I used the 140 grain NP.

One bullet, one cartridge, very capable from javelin to elk... Simplicity! (y)

Sometimes we overthink this.

Guy

+1
I couldn't agree more

JD338

Sako .222 Remington this morning....
Dn8YI41.jpg

tKc60tB.jpg

41PNcQb.jpg

MRL4qLq.jpg

Those killer bunnies have to be taken out, or things could be very, very rough.

A mere 222 rifle? My goodness man, you're taking your life in your hands with such a risk!

I hear that they're normally hunted with big-bore dangerous game rifles... :wink:

Those are big bunnies btw, cook 'em?

Guy

Where I'm from that would be considered a "Jack"(rabbit). I believe that was slang for what would properly be called a "Hare". Jacks had them big ears, Hares were almost that big but not in the ears, They would have froze them off in the winter. Maybe Jacks had longer legs, that one sure does. Perfectly good beef in the pasture....CL

Managed to take my first gobbler on the year this morning. Was a great hunt, which any hot turkey hunt is a great hunt. Feels good to get that monkey off my back by the 2nd week of season!
f93a6b6060eccdf4accb7e2e1d63421e.jpg
e7df22e9a7dc5e4f5763e91b26c3f650.jpg

Congratulations! That is superb! No turkeys this far north. (Well, none that we could shoot, anyway. I do know a few turkeys, but that's another story.)

DrMike":3dgo5xmj said:
Congratulations! That is superb! No turkeys this far north. (Well, none that we could shoot, anyway. I do know a few turkeys, but that's another story.)
Thanks DrMike!

35 Whelen":31naloig said:
35 Whelen":31naloig said:
Wonderful picture!
Daddy's baby girl! Wait till she's 17 and wants to
Borrow the car :lol:
Thanks 35 Whelen! I guess I’ll have to cross that bridge when we get there haha. She’s already growing up so fast. I’m afraid if I blink she is gonna be a teenager.

Back