Still out and about, and enjoying the heck out of my travels:

AUBkJpll.jpg

kFAWlDCl.jpg

trwItkZl.jpg

Looks like I'm far from the first hunter to wander here:
j2aSNFnl.jpg

5ZqcPkZl.jpg

Guy

Guy, that's some beautiful scenery! Any specific destination in mind or just wandering?

lefty315":19w0dclb said:
Guy, that's some beautiful scenery! Any specific destination in mind or just wandering?

Yes! :grin:

Both. Have already visited Nine Mile Canyon with the OUTSTANDING ancient rock art, and drove the "White Rim Road" in Canyonlands National Park. The "road" part makes that sound so easy...

Incredible camping & hiking too. More to come. I took the month off.

Guy

Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos Guy... My wife and I need to travel the south west.
Makes me ready to travel... Stay safe.

Looks like a lot of fun Guy! A Road can mean a lot of different things once there is no real pavement, it's the high number of large rocks that always makes these "Roads" questionable IMO. The road less traveled you're on looks rather nice though!

Rol_P, yes, if you can, there is so much to see and do out here. Yesterday morning I walked through the ruins of a 1,000 year old pueblo. It was humbling to reflect on how the ancient people lived here in this harsh area. Glad I was nearly alone in the pueblo at the time. Only one other hiker/tourist, and he seemed to want the quiet as much as I did.

You can fly out here and rent a car, see so much cool stuff from the paved roads. And rent a Jeep easily if you want to spice things up a bit for a day or two! Moab and Sedona both have good Jeep-rental outfits.

Cole - ya - that part of the road was pretty smooth. I didn't take photos of the tough stuff, 'cause I was in low-range and hanging on for dear life! :)

Actually White Rim Road isn't too bad. Most of it can be done in 2wd, but there are a couple of "pucker spots" that really require some ground clearance and 4-low! Goodness!

I am very pleased with how well the little trailer has been tagging along behind the Jeep, on and off-pavement. Heck, with it behind me for a week now, I'm even getting better at backing it! These little trailers sure do like to jackknife easily though...

Have another couple of weeks on the trip, then I'll be home again in the Northwest. My buddies up there tell me that it's snowing in Washington again. I'm kind of enjoying the sunshine down here in the SW, though it's windy and the temps are cool today.

Regards, Guy

6-12 inches of snow w/ additional ice and 40 mph gusts are forecasted here in the next 48 hrs. Ya the Southwest looks great. :) CL

No snow here, but I've been in Flagstaff the past couple of days. 43 degrees now, headed for 23 by dawn. Winds last night, while trying to sleep in my little backpacking tent were INTENSE! Glad I have a good tent.

I understand it snowed again in my home state of Washington too. Winter takes her time letting go!

Here's another shot of a big danged drop:
mjH73ySl.jpg

Guy

Still wandering around Sedona. Doing a LOT of hiking with my wife and friends. Amazing place!

xM8V342l.jpg

Pb53ltxl.jpg

8X1nQJTl.jpg

8wjOxtjl.jpg

Guy, once again beautiful pictures, looks like a great trip, I have always been fascinated with the rock drawings, some of them really make you wonder about if others visited our planet in another time. My wife and I spent several days there a few years ago and plan on going thru there on our route home. She wants to see more of that Utah red rock.

Guy,
I've been through Sendona and the Red Rock country. Thanks for the great pictures, just beautiful country. And a lot warmer weather than here.
Safe travels.

JD338

Thanks all. Ya, I've had some serious weather extremes on the trip.

Three days & nights of rain early in the trip. Cold camping, setting up the tent on snow, while it was raining hard in the high 30's... Ugh.

High winds that threatened to blow down the tent two or three nights.

High temp of 82, and low of 23... Yes, the 23 degree temp was while camped a bit outside of Flagstaff Arizona a few days ago.

Glad I brought a good sleeping bag, a pretty decent tent and a wide variety of clothing! :)

Mama Miner met me in Sedona and is enjoying tremendously. She didn't go through the adverse weather, the Jeep repair, etc... The first part of the trip was rather more challenging than this mid-part of the trip.

Guy

Guy it sure looks like you are having a great time :wink:.
As usual the photos are fantastic and I am sure there are more to come.
Travel safe my Friend (y).

Blessings,
Dan

33fXuT5l.jpg

Oak Creek, near Sedona yesterday. Oak creek runs through a beautiful canyon from near Flagstaff down to Sedona. If you haven't driven Oak Creek Canyon, put it on your list.

Even better would be on a motorcycle!

Guy

Lovely pictures, Guy. We'd expect nothing less from you, however. Yeah, the picture of Oak Creek is classic and so very pretty.

Back