Traveling the Southwest

P5CEtl9l.jpg

Ruins at Wupatki, Arizona:
LAjTn56l.jpg

Heading down Titus Canyon, towards Death Valley:
T2QO5h9l.jpg

Ubehebe Crater (volcanic) Death Valley. About a half mile across & 500' deep. Blew roughly 2,000 years ago:
DxA7Nl7l.jpg

Sand dunes near Stovepipe Wells, Death Valley
oWPLFkVl.jpg

Fascinating photography, Guy. Delightful to see. Thank you for sharing.

We are soon ending our winter season in Arizona and heading back up to Washington. We will be reversing some of Guys route as we will head to Flagstaff and then scout the elk unit I drew a bull tag in. We will then head north across the Grand Canyon, and Page Az, past Glen Canyon dam, then on into SW Utah. We will visiting an area that my wife has never seen. Instead of the interstate north through the SLC mass of humanity, we will head NW into Nevada then on to Twin Falls and Boise where we have family. We do not have a schedule as we have no appointments until the middle of the month. Don't expect pictures as guy has already covered the area.

Finally a place that I have been too in the US :wink:. My wife's nephew played Basketball in Twin Fall for the College of Southern Idaho. They called him the Big Canuck he was from here in Regina, he was on a great team there as they made it to the US finals for 2 year colleges. He was actually their starting center at just over 7'1" :mrgreen:.

Blessings,
Dan

A few of the narrow spots along the White Rim Road, Canyonlands, Utah:

On "Murphy Hogback"
p0ggTuul.jpg

Along the Green River:
kEwXokfl.jpg

Shafer switchbacks:
C4YVGScl.jpg

My wife wasn't along for that part of the trip, and after looking at these photos, she's glad. :)

I couldn't photograph the toughest parts, I was too busy driving and hanging on for dear life!

Guy

That is a dandy looking road, guy. I think i will pass on that spot as I will be towing my 5 th wheel. Keep up the pictures, you know that we (I) all love them.

Arrived home about 3:15 this afternoon. 1515 for you military types. :wink:

Almost three weeks away from home & 3600+ miles on the Jeep.

Was alone for a week, then my wife was with me for the next two weeks. The trip got much more expensive with her arrival! :grin: Not unexpected...

Went from free to $15/night camping up to motel rooms, meals out. Shopping... Etc... As it should be! (y)

What a great trip. Lessons learned for me, and an awful lot of fun. Oh my goodness, did I learn great stuff about the southwest!

Guy

Thanks for taking us along via the photos and commentary, Guy. Neat trip.

Back