New lever action rifle

Not at all, just need high enough sights to see over the can or get one of the offset cans that hang below the bore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you get the adapter that screws on the barrel using the threads for the brake you can go cheap and just screw a oil filter on and be good for a few shots and throw it away.

Still have to pay the $200 stamp on the oil can adapter. Not worth it to me!

Let’s check the scales on that..... lose my firearms rights forever, or spend 600 dollars and do it right. No brainer

I wasn't saying have one made illegal. As you stated a stamp is required for the adapter and I would get one, just thinking the oil cans would be cheaper for me since I wouldn't be using the silencer as much. If I wanted to go illegal all I would need is a 1 liter soda bottle, duct tape and some steel wool. :)>)
Around here a LEO would go nuts if they saw you with any type of silencer on a gun permit or no permit, Too close to D.C.

Once you had one you would find yourself using it constantly. The oil can trick is more of a gimmick than anything else. It really doesn’t compare to a real suppressor.

Oddly America is way behind the curve on suppressors. Even the hyper regulated Europeans are allowed to buy suppressors over the counter and would consider it rude to not use one.

I hear yeah and yes I probably would use it all the time.
The fear of the criminal factor is one of the problems here and the use for illegal reasons.
People here don't want to hear gun fire but yet they want to know when your shooting a gun so go figure. Oh and yes you can't fix stupid which most of these people who object to silencers and black guns are in my consideration.

Thebear_78 said:
Once you had one you would find yourself using it constantly. The oil can trick is more of a gimmick than anything else. It really doesn’t compare to a real suppressor.

Oddly America is way behind the curve on suppressors. Even the hyper regulated Europeans are allowed to buy suppressors over the counter and would consider it rude to not use one.

Bear, they are also gaining favor in Africa. The PH and trackers like it when their client uses one. The English tend to not like them because it ruins the "look" of the rifle, but you are correct Bear. Bear, do you guys have walrus up there, I cant remember and can you hunt them ?

All this talk about suppressors leaves our Canadian friends out of the conversation. You guys need to vote in different Government officials.

Thebear_78":3er3zfqj said:

Yeah- in most of Europe the suppressor is usually on the rifle before it leaves the shop. My UK friends call me a "yankee barbarian" every time they sees a photo of me shooting a bare rifle.

We do have walrus but only Alaskan natives are allowed to hunt them.

There really is no crime with any class 3 weapons. I don’t know of any crime committed using a suppressor since the NFA act. It doesn’t make them silent, just quieter. The only crime committed using a full auto I know of was committed by a LEO using a gun registered to his department.

The reason their not more common in the US is because people watch too much tv and movies. James Bond is what caused the silencers to be included in the NFA in the first place.

hodgeman":2o9xfity said:
Thebear_78":2o9xfity said:

Yeah- in most of Europe the suppressor is usually on the rifle before it leaves the shop. My UK friends call me a "yankee barbarian" every time they sees a photo of me shooting a bare rifle.

True----but--"Europe" is all over the place

i.e.

Norway, France---over the counter, no restrictions
Italy, Austria----Illegal
U.K. , Denmark, ---Regulated. The U.K. usually leaves the store with one because the suppressor purchased must be for a specific rifle, plus other restrictions/requirements

Bear, ref Walrus ----thank you I think in Canada that the Inuits can also sell hunts for them, but not sure.

Is anyone here besides Dr Mike and I old enough to remember Teddy Roosevelt using a suppressor on his lever action Winchester. ?

Back