Problem loading forum pages

bdbrown66

Handloader
May 16, 2016
Mods,

Since approximately last week, I have had extreme difficulty getting the forum pages to load. By this, I mean that they will load...eventually...but it takes 3-5 minutes for each page to come up. I have tried it at home and at work, on my phone, tablet, and PC, using multiple browsers. Same result each time. This was not the case previously, the site used to load just fine. The delay seems to be when the forum page is trying to load something from "media.nosler.com"; that's where it seems to come to a halt for several minutes.

Also, this does not seem to affect the main Nosler site, it loads with normal speed.

Please help, as I can't use the site as-is. Was there some kind of upgrade or maintenance work that was done recently that may be causing this?

Thanks,
Brian

The pages do load for me, but they are slow. Consequently, it makes no difference whether I use any of three separate browsers.

No issues for me. If I’m on works WiFi, they block the forum. Won’t load. Switch to cellular and they load

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interestingly, since I posted this message this morning, the problem seems to be fixed. Pages are now loading normally, both on my work computer and on my phone.

I know there have been some problems with the forum. I have received some pm's from some members.

For the record, the moderators cannot do anything about this. All your requests get forwarded to Mason who is the admin.

His email is masonp@nosler.com

I had exactly the same problem that Brian had the last few days. I downloaded Tapatalk to try to contact a few guys on here,,,,, Cleveland48, GuyMiner, Dr. Mike, SJB358, JD338 and Fotis to try to figure out this problem. Thanks guys for trying to help a fella out. For some reason this site would not work after I tried to clear browsers, caches, and tried different browsers but with no success. I gave up trying today hoping this site would fix itself soon and glad its back up again just now. (y)

Well, it was working better this afternoon, but now the problem seems to be back. I sent an email to Mason, we'll see if that helps.

Brian

Hi all, I've made some changes that should help prevent this from occurring. As FOTIS said, the moderators can't help with site issues like this.

If you continue to have website issues, please let me know here and I'll keep an eye on the thread.

First time I was able to log in since Friday. Hope the problem is fixed.
Thanks

First time I was able to log in since Friday. Hope the problem is fixed.
Thanks

Slow loading today on this end. It had a time yesterday when it was "normal," but while today is faster than yesterday it's not back to original speed.

Dr. Vette":2xsikuv6 said:
Slow loading today on this end. It had a time yesterday when it was "normal," but while today is faster than yesterday it's not back to original speed.

If you know how to clear your browser cache and cookies, I would see if that helps your slowdown issues.

If clearing your cache doesn't work, let me know which of these you are using and I can try to diagnose the problem:
- Windows/Mac
- Firefox/Chrome/Internet Explorer
- Which forum skin you are using

Just checked on my work computer and my phone, and it appears to be loading normally now. Thank you for the fix.

Mason, as a software developer myself, I'm curious as to what was happening. Can you elaborate on the problem and the fix?

Back