2018 Hunting Pictures

My wife shot this butterball buck under a Control Disease Tag at 225 yards with her Nosler M48 280 AI and a 140 gr BT.
DZi9Vy1.jpg

d1g5VLE.jpg

JD338

Congratulations to Mrs JD338!

Love her shot placement!

Clearly knows her rifle and game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 black bear. Nice white V on his chest. 45/70 300 grain Barnes.
Dbl lung.
34e84a99adfdcfd3ba81b90360f73090.jpg

I forgot to mention. My outfitter from the great white north let his non hunting help set the stand. No complaints, safe, great location easy in and out. The one complaint is, it was perfect for a lefty.

I had to shoot my 45/70 left handed. I don’t know that I’ve ever shot a rifle left handed. Once in the stand I quickly realized I had to stand or shoot left handed.

It was dead still when the shot opportunity came, so didn’t want to risk the noise of standing and the foot work required to come around..

What a cool confidence builder....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MJ,
Congratulations on a dandy bear!

JD338

Moose this year was successful with a few casualties. Nearly drown, swimming with hip boots in swift rivers, not recommended. My pack is on its way to the bearing sea, and our canoe is vacuum packed against logs under water. However after a long walk later that night after reaching the cabin changing clothes and having dinner I pulled the trigger. I don’t have many pictures as my phone will be featured on deadliest catch if found. The 338 rum is still the big hammer, 250g partitions at 3050 FPS. Complete pass through no tracking required.

Attachments

• 8F7AE886-1506-4D35-9084-6B3513525C24.jpeg
    8F7AE886-1506-4D35-9084-6B3513525C24.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 4,317
Congratulations! Better write up that story! Wow! Glad you are safe and successful. Looking forward to your phone being found on deadliest catch!

fwood":3rz7yp4b said:
Moose this year was successful with a few casualties. Nearly drown, swimming with hip boots in swift rivers, not recommended. My pack is on its way to the bearing sea, and our canoe is vacuum packed against logs under water. However after a long walk later that night after reaching the cabin changing clothes and having dinner I pulled the trigger. I don’t have many pictures as my phone will be featured on deadliest catch if found. The 338 rum is still the big hammer, 250g partitions at 3050 FPS. Complete pass through no tracking required.
Holy cow, sounds like a great adventure; please write, I've nothing to do except sit on this ridge waiting for dark and the critters to start moving.

Sorry about all your gear, but congrats on a fine trophy!

This is my bull I got on a DIY drop camp hunt in Alaska. My first trip to Alaska but not my last!

Shot him at 300 yards with factory 180gr E tips from my 300 win mag. I put 2 behind the shoulder at 300 yards and he only went 30 yards. My buddy used the same load and his dropped in it's tracks with a 500 yard shot. Great bullet so far!

Attachments

• My moose 2018 (2).jpg
    My moose 2018 (2).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4,613
Great looking bull, nice shooting.
Be careful, Alaska can get a hold on you.!

You done good! (y) Fine looking bull. Now, you will have to give us the story.

Thanks everyone. I'm afraid Alaska already has a hold on me, I'm already researching caribou and a Kodiak Sitka Blacktail hunt has been on the radar for a few years. I want to book another moose hunt too, more plans than time!

The story will come but we are looking at trying to write an article so it might have to wait just a bit.

Congratulations on your moose.
He is a nice bull. Looking forward to hearing the story.

JD338

Back