2018 Hunting Pictures

udxbhYdl.jpg

350+ yards, via the 115 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip from the 25-06 Rem 700.

Not the greatest photo, but it's all I've got. A very average pronghorn, taken at about 250 yards with a 165 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip from my 30-06 rifle.

This is the exit wound. The entrance was just behind the opposite side fore-leg. Very quick kill, and that little buck didn't go anywhere but down:

9LE9GiDl.jpg

I did think it was pretty funny that I ended up using the smaller rifle on the bigger mule deer buck, and the bigger rifle on the smaller pronghorn buck... :)

Guy

Thanks Guy, looks like you are having a great season too! Alaska is awesome and I can't wait to go back, but I miss going west too. Next year my points say I should be hunting Wyoming elk for my big trip, so I'll get another trip west then. Maybe a scouting trip to Colorado for muleys too next I'm getting enough points there that they are burning a hole in my pocket and I need to make that hunt happen. I want to do a little scouting and get a unit picked before I apply. 2020 will probably be CO muleys or back to AK for caribou.

For those that like to see pics from Maine here are a few of our moose. From Happy Hunters. From last week. A 53" and a 45 and 47".
output.jpg20180925_162532~2.jpgimage000000.jpg

Guy,
Congratulations on your WY mule deer and antelope!
JD338

My wife, Sue shot her Newfoundland bull moose with her Nosler M48 Heritage 280 AI loaded up with 160 gr PT's at 262 yards. He has 6 pts
wiXZJtc.jpg

I shot my Newfoundland bull moose the second morning at 70 yards with my 700 LSS 338 RUM loaded up with 250 gr PT's. His rack is 48" wide aged at 10.5 years and estimated weight of 1100 lbs.
9W6VcWs.jpg

JD338

A couple of fine bulls. Congratulations to each of you. Wow! That will be a lot of meat for the freezer.

Jim and Sue, congratulations on a great hunt and some fine shooting. Those are beautiful looking animals.

Dan

Jim,
Nice moose, and great to see that Johnson green " Benoit" plaid jacket. Sounds like you two smoked em! Congrats! (y)
E

BG1e9Cbl.jpg

1SD0jbPl.jpg

IMnV5ZDl.jpg

Got out for quail with the dog & shotgun yesterday. I did some missing, but managed to hit one of the speedy little rascals!

Guy

Outstanding, I love seeing young women out hunting. Success makes it so much more interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little Brother Jake's cow elk..

240 yards, 270 Winchester, 140 grain Tipped TBBC!

Back