2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

I am very happy with the truck. Just turned 10,000 miles on it. We took it to Newfoundland for the moose hunt, 4403 miles, and it handled flawlessly.

JD338

JD338":3tl9hrwx said:
I am very happy with the truck. Just turned 10,000 miles on it. We took it to Newfoundland for the moose hunt, 4403 miles, and it handled flawlessly.

JD338

That’s awesome Jim. How do you like the diesel vs your old rig?

Scotty,

So far so good. No comparison for power, towing, fuel economy and range. 700+ miles between fuel stops is pretty darn good in my book.

JD338

JD338":3s9cken2 said:
Scotty,

So far so good. No comparison for power, towing, fuel economy and range. 700+ miles between fuel stops is pretty darn good in my book.

JD338

WOW! That is amazing Jim! How big is the tank on that truck? I usually get between 450-500 to a tank and refill 25-27 gallons most of the time.. You either have a wicked sized tank or that think thinks its a Jetta TDI! :grin:

JD338":1hvzc03l said:
Scotty

38 gallon tank

JD338

Oh gotcha! Makes a bit more sense now. Mines a 31 I think, but I doubt I have ever gotten more than 28 gallons in it. That's alot of miles right there for a tank of fuel though.

Any idea what you averaged over your trip Jim?

The young guy that I have been tutoring on reloading pulled up the other day in a decked out 2018 GMC with the 6.2 he advised that it doesn't have the torque of his 2005 dura max but he advised he has notice quite a difference in the ride.
We will see how it will hold out :wink:, the only thing I am concerned about in the GM trucks is the inner & out sheet metal in the construction as the moisture gets trapped and you can not stop the rust as my truck has been very well maintained but rusting in the space between the 2 fenders. I still believe the mechanical portion of the GM is pretty sound.
Heard some talk that GM is looking at going to the aluminium rear box as does Ford.

Blessings,
Dan

Rol_P":3p1svd8v said:
Congratulations on the new truck. I picked up a 2018 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 on March 1st. Nice truck but has intermittent grinding in the front end. Dealer has changed some parts but the problem persists, but only intermittently.
Told the dealer I am ready to pick up the radiator cap and drive a GMC, Ram or Tundra under it.
That sucks! I had a 2017 F150 Crew Cab FX4 ecoboost 10 speed that was a Lemon, in the end FORD wouldn't fix the vibration/shaking issue so I took a big loss and bought a Tundra.

GM sales were great this past year, and they're making a lot of money from their auto, and truck sales. Plus they have a better high end line then Ford with Catiliac and I suppose with Buick.

Good luck with getting your truck fixed Rol.

With the same model, I also hunted many times and I believe it is one of the best truck to carry your equipment and all the other stuff use for hunting and is also a reliable truck and I have a double cabin. It is also used for the towing purpose by many companies Car towing services throughout the USA.

Back