95 gr. Bt

Don't know about the Patriot, but this load shoots well in my Marlin XS7. Good on deer, too.

20150704_153635.jpg

Well there's a couple good places to start. Im posting just so I can find it back when/ if I want one. :) Gotta get that safe queen out. CL

cary.pipes":3ga9vgqq said:
That's prolly only powder I dont have

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
4064 is one of the most versatile powders out there. You should definitely have some on your bench. I use it for .243, .30-06, and .22-250.

Nosler’s most accurate load using 7828 with the 95 grain Ballistic Tip has worked in many 243’s for me.

My load for the 95 bt is 42 grs H4350 Shot a spike Tuesday 212yds high shoulder shot broke the spine. Couldn't hardly fine the entrance wound and the exit was about the size of a dime. Very little damage on off side shoulder. Is this normal for this bullet? Have used BT in other calibers from 25-06 t0 30-06 with good results but first time using them in a .243win. Think I'll go back to the 100 gr. Part. Dan.

wvbuckbuster":1vwzvukt said:
My load for the 95 bt is 42 grs H4350 Shot a spike Tuesday 212yds high shoulder shot broke the spine. Couldn't hardly fine the entrance wound and the exit was about the size of a dime. Very little damage on off side shoulder. Is this normal for this bullet? Have used BT in other calibers from 25-06 t0 30-06 with good results but first time using them in a .243win. Think I'll go back to the 100 gr. Part. Dan.
I found a good one using rl17 and 95 gr. Noslers

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

45 Grains of RL 22 at .010 off the lands in my Model 70 Featherweight was 3,140 fps/average and .7" with 95 Grain Ballistic Tips. No pressure signs but that's way up there.

SJB358":2exaoitn said:
Nosler’s most accurate load using 7828 with the 95 grain Ballistic Tip has worked in many 243’s for me.

I can't find this load for 7828 in the book or online? Where do you find it?

I'm pleased with the groups which are 1/2-5/8 in just not pleased with the performance on deer. Friend of mine has used it with better results such as bigger exit wounds more internal damage. Read here of others getting good results. Is it possible to have gotten a box that has a harder core? Never heard of such just wondering out loud. Dan.

Palouser":1fs0akmj said:
SJB358":1fs0akmj said:

I can't find this load for 7828 in the book or online? Where do you find it?

It was in my Nosler #7 I think, maybe 6? Not at home right now, but it's there.

wvbuckbuster":1fs0akmj said:
I'm pleased with the groups which are 1/2-5/8 in just not pleased with the performance on deer. Friend of mine has used it with better results such as bigger exit wounds more internal damage. Read here of others getting good results. Is it possible to have gotten a box that has a harder core? Never heard of such just wondering out loud. Dan.

It'll open up and cause alot of wounding. I can't post the picture today, but my young cousin took a shot at a doe yesterday and unfortunately placed the bullet amidships and that poor thing made it about 75 yards with entrails coming out of the hole. Horrible shot, but the danged 95 BT did put the animal down. I'd say give them another shot. We have seen nothing but excellent performance with them from 243's over the years. They open very well for us and as you noted, are easily accurate.

Another one of our members has been using them a for a couple years running around 2800 for his son and they have taken two or three deer with EXCELLENT performance as well. It's not the sleekest bullet out there, but it is a hammer in the 243. I couldn't tell the difference between it and a 100 Partition.

Have read good results on here and told to me by a friend. That was the reason for trying them. My son reminded me that my grandson used this same load and gun couple of years ago with the same results (getting old and forgetful) So I'll give it some thought about trying again. Dan.

Scotty , are you using 7828sc ? I used 7828 in a 243 with 100 gr partitions , before sc was available , it was very compressed . I think the short cut would solve the compressed load . that load did shoot pretty good for me .

I’ve used a few different ones Jim. 7828SSC, 19, 22, Hunter and 26. They’ve all given 3000+ with both bullets. 7828SSC and 26 are my favorites.

I am running H4350 with the 95 BT. It is above the published max in Noslers book, but shows no sign of excess pressure in my Ruger. MV is just above 3000. I have taken 3 deer now with this bullet and all have died with in 30-40 yards of where they were hit. One dropped due to a neck shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two Remington .243 ADLs with a 24” barrel and a 9.125 twist. They both shoot the exact same load of:

- Winchester Brass
- CCI 200
- 41.8 gr H4350
- 95 gr BT

This load is above book max so do not try this load without working up to it.

This load shoots under 3/4 MOA in both rifles.

Back