New 85gr RDF

I haven’t tried them. Been using the 75 grain Hornady ELDs in mine. Haven’t tried anything over that weight yet. Tempted to try the 88 ELD in my Valkyrie. Not sure how well the RDFs expand. Are you going to try them on coyotes E?

I have a box arriving on Tues. I'm going to load them for my 224 Valkyrie which, so far, hasnt found a bullet that will shoot sub-MOA yet. Hopefully, this bullet will show me a little love.

I've tried the 70gn RDF's in my 223 and the 140gn in my 6.5 Creedmoor. They both were very easy to work up loads for, shot sub-MOA, and weren't picky about seating depth. I`m going to switch over to the 140's as my go-to in 6.5 once i shoot up the remainder of the Custom Comps I have. I'll report back once i put a few on paper.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Looks like it might be a great windbucker with that BC ! Hoping for maybe 3200ish??? I have 8lbs of 414 will that make them work.
Will be shooting them out of a Tikka with an 8 twist barrel.
E

Going to get bait out today hopefully, so may have a kill report shortly with 85gr RDFs.......
They shoot great from the 8 twist. These are going to be perfect for my horrible wind problem I have to deal with here........... Looking forward to seeing how they may or may not perform after striking a coyote at 300 plus.

Fellow I know has taken a couple of mule deer with the RDF, from his 260 AI.

He's really impressed with the mushroom - and with the long range accuracy. Sadly, I can't remember the details to pass 'em on here. He recovered the bullet, and I was surprised at how well it mushroomed.

Guy

Sounds like it works pretty well. What did you end up with for speeds? I’m half blown back they stabilize so well from the 8 twist...

You should pop one into water jugs and see wha happens. I’d like to see how well they expand.

FWIW, I shot the 77 gr RDF out of my 18" 22 Nosler. MV was around 2750 fps and sub MOA accuracy. I noticed that they seemed to penetrate as they were blowing through ban old 8-9" fence post I had put into the berm. They didn't expanded much, just penciled through.
Maybe different caliber, weights and speeds react differently.

JD338

bluestar48":3i5klhyw said:
LOOKING FOR LOAD DATE FO 70 22CAL RDF HOW AND WHY DOES NOSLER MAKE A BULLET WITH OUT LOAD DATE

I think they will tell you to use the 69gr load data for the 70.
Same OACL, same charge, different B.C.

Back