2018 Hunting Pictures

Took a little eater sized buck with my little brother while I was in NY.. Finally got to use my 375 Ackley with the 250 TTSX... Seems like it is plenty for whitetail it seems. I know Jim is using the 338 RUM so I figured I might be okay with the 375...

Use enough rifle. :wink: Can't say it enough, Scotty. :mrgreen: Excellent result. Great time hunting with family, I should expect.

Great job! Interesting cartridge. Certainly seems like it was enough lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Camp Cook, Congratulations on a fine deer. That looks like an interesting setup you have. It sure did the job.

Scotty, I am glad you connected on a deer in NY. I was wondering if you would have any luck. With you using the 375 AI with a 250 TTSX and Jim using a 338 RUM with a 250 Partition, I don't feel so bad about using the 300 WSM. Especially since I used only a 165 gr. BT.

Dan

Took this doe at about 200’ish yard at last light. Used my 7600 35 Whelen with the 225 Sierra.

This is where she popped out at

This was the exit

Here is the Point of Impact

She looks a bit rough since I got the entrance pic after we drug her back across the creek. Supposed to be ankle high and was closer to crotch :shock:

Surprisingly the ol girl ran 75-100 yards but the danger blood was 6ft wide in places and 3-4ft high on brush.

Good show, Scott! Sounds as if she was about drained of blood for you. The easy hunt was always somewhere in our memory! :grin:

Nice work all. Some good looking eating deer! Seems you all were using "enough gun" :) . Camp Cook- THAT looks like a purpose built gun for where you are and what you were doing. If I am informed correctly, that is also a nice Black tail. Well done all. CL

CL this is actually one of the smallest 3 point blacktail bucks I have ever seen never had ground shrinkage on a blacktail before I was amazed at how small he was when I walked up to him he looked a lot bigger when I made the choice to shoot.

Well done fellas!

Scotty,
There's no replacement for displacement. ;)

JD338

Scotty, congratulations on the doe. Did you take her in NY also?

Let's see, so far you have used 475 grains of bullets to take two deer. That would be equal to 3 - 150 gr. bullets or 4 - 115 gr. bullets or 5 - 95 grain bullets. But who am I to talk - I have used a 350 gr. bullet to shoot a deer. :grin:

NYDAN":jjqc5b11 said:
Scotty, congratulations on the doe. Did you take her in NY also?

Let's see, so far you have used 475 grains of bullets to take two deer. That would be equal to 3 - 150 gr. bullets or 4 - 115 gr. bullets or 5 - 95 grain bullets. But who am I to talk - I have used a 350 gr. bullet to shoot a deer. :grin:

Yes sir. Another NY deer Dan.

Yeah, I might be accused of using extra sometimes...

8927806f6dc324eef9dc25da9674a012.jpg

The deer at the house. Only had a day to hunt.

Too Tall

b40b1783a5c1190b185330fe3395cefa.jpg
af5f01d5a84c5d2f60a010582d6aa503.jpg

I was solo on this hunt, so no hero shot. Big ol bruiser, no teeth left in the back, 6’6” hide. Heck of a pack out, 2000’ up a gnarly hill. Saw a big griz, but had cubs so just got to watch her.

Model 7 .308, 180 Partition, 200 yards at 50 deg downhill angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back