Atikokan Boy Scout canoe trip

adm1977

Beginner
Feb 16, 2013
I am a little late posting this. Me and my son went with his Boy Scout troop to the Don Rogert Northern Tier high adventure base this summer in Atikokan Canada. We canoed 75 miles in 5 days. We some some beautiful sight and had some awesome fishing. The weather was perfect 65 to 75 every day and no rain the entire time we were on the water. We learned a lot and saw some pretty amazing sights. I hope we have a chance to do something again like this some time.
G0192712 by Andy Musselman, on Flickr
G0040152 by Andy Musselman, on Flickr
DSCN3542 by Andy Musselman, on Flickr
DSCN3529 by Andy Musselman, on Flickr
DSCN3495 by Andy Musselman, on Flickr
DSCN3475 by Andy Musselman, on Flickr
DSCN3470 by Andy Musselman, on Flickr
DSCN3414 by Andy Musselman, on Flickr
DSCN3400 by Andy Musselman, on Flickr
DSCN3379 by Andy Musselman, on Flickr
DSCN3353 by Andy Musselman, on Flickr
DSCN3369 by Andy Musselman, on Flickr

Excellent photo essay. That looks to have been a grand trip for all of you.

Quite a trip! Congrats.

What is that structure in the bottom photo? The building with what appears to be a four-story tower?

Guy

The structure it White Otter Castle. Google is your friend on it. It has a very interesting story. The third picture down is a mosquito and the moon caught at just the right time. Surprisingly the bugs weren't bad at all until the last 2 nights of our trip. I heard horror stories about how bad the bugs can be in late June.

That looks like an absolutely amazing trip you had. I wish we would’ve done something like that when I was in Scouts.

When I was a kid in Scouts, I always wanted to go to Boundary Waters. Now my lower back can't handle sitting in a canoe for more than 2 days. I will be taking my 3rd trip to Philmont this summer. I will be seeing the South end of the camp for the first time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Great adventure with your son together. We are planning for a kayak trip soon in GA and hope the weather cooperates for the entire week. The rack and bak tonneau has been installed for kayak mount.

Back