Crossfire II VS the Diamondback

cloverleaf

Handloader
Sep 10, 2006
Can anybody tell me what the difference is between these two scopes other than the $10 more for the Diamondback? Vortex company videos mention a bigger eye box on the crossfire but don't see facts to prove it. Be interested in the opinion of some one has/had both and what you think. Thanks. CL

Wow....If i'da mentioned a Tasco pronghorn VS a Busnell sharp shooter I wouldn't have gotten a response either. :shock: Nobody wants to admit they are looking at the cheap stuff. BTW - Sharpshooter every time.....CL :)

I have a couple diamondbacks. Zero issues with them. One is on a 45-70 so they hold up.
No experience with a Crossfire. Sorry.

CL I have a Diamondback HP that has been on several rifles and is the only Vortex I own so I can't answer your question.

CL I have a Diamondback HP that has been on several rifles and is the only Vortex I own so I can't answer your question.

To be honest the one I have with side focus is a bit heavy and the MOA duplex is a bit thick.
If I had my choice between the Vortex and a Burris FF II I would take the Burris and I really like this one which was under $175.00 at Natchez.

Attachments

• KIMG0091.jpeg
    KIMG0091.jpeg
    278.7 KB · Views: 806
Just to follow up: I picked up a Diamondback HP 3-12x42, from Sportsman's warehouse for a few days before I returned it. It was "on sale" for 20 bucks more than the crossfire 2. 4-12x40 AO. Cabelas wouldn't sell me the Diamond back for less than $360. and I decided I had more important things to spend my money on. Of note, I looked through several of each. At both stores and the sales persons even agreed that the optical clarity/focus was dependent on the particular scope. I.e. sometimes the crossfire was clearer than the Diamond back. sometimes one of the same model was obviously clearer/ sharper than the other. To the extent that the "display model at Sportsmans was "retired". When I had two "good ones" on the counter the color and resolution of the Diamondback was SLIGHTLY better than the crossfire, MAYBE... but not $150 bucks worth. In the end, I could live with the difference between them to shoot paper with my 22Mag. When I get a few more "points" on the cabelas card I might pick up the crossfire II. CL

PS- The Diamondback even had a side focus adjustable OBJ, rather than the AO on the crossfires front bell. A nice scope I could have put on any of my "good" centerfires. In my world, just couldn't justify it on my 22 MAG but a very nice scope for $225 on sale at sportsmans. If I spend my points I can probably get the crossfire for under $100. Less If I'm patient, and still sleep well. IMHO

PSS- I will also open a few boxes when I pick up any Vortex, good for the money but my old eyes thought they could see the difference between them. Pick the "better ones". CL

Back