600 yard 6 Creedmoor Results

FOTIS":3j9bl6w9 said:
How is the scope tracking Guy?

Is that the HST? or?

This is the Viper PST, 6-24x50, "PST-624S1-A"

Reticle is the EBR-1 MOA, illuminated

Scope is tracking well. I've been dialing for elevation and "holding off" for windage mostly. Adjustments are crisp and repeatable.

It's not a very expensive scope, but it seems to be doing a good job. I'm hitting. (y)

Regards, Guy

Good shooting Guy, it sure is fun and challenging shooting in windy conditions especially when its so cold out, learning how to adjust for windage along with elevation at extreme distance.

You should get some of those 95 grain Ballistic Tips and them out. I just tried out my 300 Win Mag yesterday afternoon with the 180's, could not be happier. (y)

Good shooting Guy! :) I haven't seen this until now, but I'd stick to using H4350 since it is the #1 powder for the 6mm CM.

TackDriver284":1pa6l5va said:
Good shooting Guy, it sure is fun and challenging shooting in windy conditions especially when its so cold out, learning how to adjust for windage along with elevation at extreme distance.

You should get some of those 95 grain Ballistic Tips and them out. I just tried out my 300 Win Mag yesterday afternoon with the 180's, could not be happier. (y)

I've got quite a pile of those most awesome 95 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips. Use them in my son's 6mm Remington. They are indeed, terrific. :)

That's a clue for any of you hunters who use a 243, 6mm Rem or 240 Weatherby... :)

Guy

longrangehunter":126i3kuh said:
Good shooting Guy! :) I haven't seen this until now, but I'd stick to using H4350 since it is the #1 powder for the 6mm CM.

Ya, I have quite a pile of H4350, but I need a calmer day to try accuracy tests against the Superformance. That S-Stuff surely does meter well through the powder measure.

Either one could be "the ticket" from my results so far.

Guy

What powder charge are you loading? I just picked up that same rifle for my Dad and we're starting to work up some loads. He'll be trying the 105gr RDF initially.

I got about the best deal on a rifle I've ever got on this one. I'm excited to see how she shoots! He currently has a Leupold mark IV 6.5-20x50 TMR FFP scope on it and is waiting for a back ordered vortex razor gen II 4.5-27x56.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup - these rifles were being offered at what amounted to almost half cost! Great price. :)

Have only loaded the 108 gr Hornady bullets so far. That might be the only bullet I end up using in this rifle.

I'm at 43 grains of Superformance. She's shooting well, not sure I'm going to change this load, but not sure that this is the final version either. This is 1.2 grains under max according to Hodgdon.

The H4350 shot just as well, but I wanted to try the Superformance powder. I was at 41 grains of H4350.

Still haven't run any of the loads over a chronograph. I'm figuring about 2900 fps or so. Who knows? Will check sometime soon.

Regards, Guy

I've got test loads started with H4350 from 40gr-42.2gr. Should hopefully reveal an accuracy node and possibly work up to find where it shows pressure. Hoping to get something around 3,000-3050fps.

Should be a fun gun to play with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back