243 win.

a burr at the muzzle , and fixed up the stock . that sure sounds like a reason not to shoot well . I'm anxious to see how you make out with it now . their target looks good .

Yea it's the same stock. But they sent a new receiver and barrel and they lapped this new barrel. Yep I hope to get time to shoot it tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Glad to hear they made it right for you.

Maybe a coat of olive green paint will dress it up a bit.
Rust-Oleum Camouflage...in Green. Makes even an ugly Remington or Savage look "Marine Corps" beautiful.

wbm3":1hgh5g61 said:
Glad to hear they made it right for you.

Maybe a coat of olive green paint will dress it up a bit.
Rust-Oleum Camouflage...in Green. Makes even an ugly Remington or Savage look "Marine Corps" beautiful.

I like the way you roll! :mrgreen:

Try the 95gr Partition too. I used the old Barnes 90X in a 240W and R19. I also used a Wildcat with a long tail ( 6mm/222 Magnum and 27" barrel) and the old 85 xbt Barnes going 2900fps on some exotics in Texas. It worked fine on Axis and Oryx but zipped right through two jackrabbits. In the smaller calibers Barnes need to hit bone. So Partitions or Ballistic Tips are your huckleberry. As mentioned, many folks like that 85gr HPBT from Sierra.

Sight in right at 1" high at 100 and shoot it surgically for best results. On coyotes its hard to beat that 55gr Nosler BT! have a ball Pard!

Just got the right combo for my .243 95 grn sst with 42 grn n160 112 yard down rang this morning no wind one i snatched was the flyer
4f6b00968315a024ef68c91f26a7d258.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well it finally cooled off here in Alabama just a little. So I started this thread when I got my first rem 700 243. If yall remember it wouldn't shoot and I sent it back to remington and the replaced the barrel and action. I shot it today with r19 and 100g prohunters. 42 and 42.3g shot around a inch. I had loaded 3 100q partitions with 47g off r26 and a 50 thousands jump. The partion was the bullet I want to shoot in this rifle when I decided I wanted a 243. So now it back to the bench to load up some more of them and see if it will repeat this group! Thanks everyone for all of the advice on this thread! If this will shoot again I cant wait to bust a deer with it.
8e4062ca8905fc8df830d586698ad12d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Oh, yeah, that group will do. Now, as you indicated, to work to ensure that the load can be duplicated. Then, it should be venison in the freezer.

Back