45 Long Colt

I got the rifle some time ago. It seemed unfired. Tore it apart and gave it the Nate Kiowa Jones treatment. Also made a stainless mag follower to replace the plastic one and a stainless lever friction stud. I’ve decided to shoot the 325 - 335 gr WLN bullets so it took a bit of machine work on the cartridge stop and front of the receiver to get it to feed. Now it’s slick! Those bullets with 20gr if Lilgun will flat get your attention. I haven’t chrono’d them yet but I bet they’re pushing 1500.

Had this Lyman tang sight laying around off of a Marlin 1895, today’s afternoon project. I had to drill and tap 2 holes, looks good. If it ever stops raining I’ll go sight it in again...with a shoulder pad this time.

56525d6216e026a1362846f9beeb3390.jpg

Very nice. Congratulations on your new 45 LC.

JD338

FWIW the Lil Gun will get you speed but with a pretty healthy bark. I loaded some 230s up with it and they move along smartly.
The Trail Boss loads are easy shooting loads and quite accurate.
11 gr power pistol w a 250 shoot nicely right around 1000 fps.

I did chrono the 325’s with 20gr LG, 1535 average. Went up to 21, didn’t chrono but the accuracy seemed to suffer some. Barrel gets really hot and gets hot fast. It is pretty thin. The tang sight works well but bites my thumb pretty good so I pulled it off and plugged the holes. Probably get the Steve’s Gunz peep site like I have on the .357 rifle but for now I’ve got an old ladder site back on it.

I have a dual cylinder black hawk and the 45acp cylinder has never been used. I like rcbs 275 grn cast bullet with either longshot, or power pistol. I save 45 acp ammo for my 1944 1911a1.

Back