All new members enter here.

Welcome aboard, Nate. Glad to see your intro. The A-bolt is an excellent firearm that can deliver some amazing accuracy. You could do a whole lot worse than be armed with a 270 Win. Anyone toting a rifle chambered in that cartridge will be able to tackle about anything in NA. Again, welcome aboard. We'll be looking for your contributions.

Hi Nate, glad to see you here.. Thank you for your service to our great country. If you probably weren't already aware that 270 is at the top of the heap.. Its my favorite..
Great group of people here who are always willing to share their knowledge and experiences. I have learned a lot.
Take care and welcome.
Ed

I'm a new guy here. I really like your forum. 66 years old and in the oil field. I plan to retire and shoot and hunt all I can. Thanks, Mike

Welcome aboard, Mike. Great name! The more "Mikes," the better. Looking forward to your participation. Where in the "oil field" have you been working. I invested a few years on the Gulf Coast of Texas and Louisiana and in KY/TN pipelining in earlier days.

I am working down south of Pecos, Texas. I'm a landman but assigned to construction on a pipeline. Live NE of Lubbock about fifty miles. Have a small ranch property and plenty to hunt but have used decades paying for it. I've been reloading for fifty years and seldom shoot factory ammo. Thank you for the warm welcome. This sure is a nice forum. Mike

Welcome Mike look forward to your post.
We consider everyone Family here and do not tolerate abuse of our members.
That's whats makes it a great forum.

ethmoid1999":34g2qc46 said:
I am working down south of Pecos, Texas. I'm a landman but assigned to construction on a pipeline. Live NE of Lubbock about fifty miles. Have a small ranch property and plenty to hunt but have used decades paying for it. I've been reloading for fifty years and seldom shoot factory ammo. Thank you for the warm welcome. This sure is a nice forum. Mike

After leaving the Marines and before heading back to college, I pipelined out of Borger, TX. I lived in Pampa with a favourite uncle and aunt. I never hunted the territory, but I did see animals. Guess I was more interested in girls in those days. :oops:

So, we’ll try this again. First time I think I was having internet issues.
I’m newish here. Posted a few times and it took me a bit to find this thread.
So, here goes. My name is Ed Brinkman, I live in Michigan and grew up in the northwestern extreme portion of the Upper Peninsula of the state. Think just south of Thunder Bay Ontario or east if the boundary waters of Minnesota. I’m currently in Grand Rapids, Michigan area and I’m a twenty year Michigan State Trooper. I’m also a USAF vet from 91-95. I was a SP/K-9 during my service in SW Texas and Panama Central America. With that I love and respect dogs with an especially great appreciation and understanding of Belgian Mallinois’. If you have ever been around one you’ll understand where I’m coming from. I’m not the average cop mentality so don’t freak out. I should rephrase that by saying most cops,believe it or not, believe in the 2nd amendment and don’t want to take your guns and wish all sane Americans should have a CPL/CCW. I’ve already met some good folks here and like the way everyone treats each other here. New to this forum but have been elsewhere.
I do know some stuff as I’ve been hunting since pretty much birth and I’ve been rollin’ my own since I was tall enough to reach my dads loading bench. But, I don’t think I know everything in fact far from it. I’m always open to opinions and learning something new. My dad was an industrial arts teacher specializing in drafting and machining in the old days and CAD/CAM from ‘88 to ‘95. He taught from 1960-1995 I also worked as a machinist for some time after my days in the military and loved it. So, not a complete mechanical idiot. I know that there is always an opportunity to learn something new. At any rate that’s some of me and looking forward to meeting folks here.

Welcome aboard, Ed. Appreciate the introduction. Looks as if you're fitting in quite well.

Hi Ed, you’ll find a bunch of us from Michigan here. I’m in Midland now. Went to Tech in da Copper Country, and am very happy to have a local yooper making pasties the old way at the local deli. I shoot rifle shotgun and pistol..thank you for your service! Grand Rapids is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys,it’s good to be here. I have a local Yooper who makes pastries too. My wife! She’s a Finnlander from the Keweenaw that I imported down here. She makes a bunch of other good stuff that I can’t spell or pronounce.

Well, then you wouldn’t be surprised if I told you my first date with my wife, we had dinner at the Red Garter in Calumet. (Sadly it’s burned down)

Second date we drove the canal road to where the plows turned around, stamped on snow shoes with Bob Maki bindings ( made the in his garage in Houghton) and hiked out to the breaker wall to watch the sun set... dinner at the Kalevala cafe in Hancock...she’ll know all that... what great country!

My name is Theuno de Bruin. I’ve been following the forum for a while and are learning something new every day.

I only recently started reloading, and the more i read up on it the more I realize that its a science on its own! Loving every second of it!

We created an app to keep track of all our personal shooting stuff, and are dedicating all our spare time to learn as much possible to plow back into the app.

I own an app development company in South Africa, when we are not at work, we are busy testing a new recipe / method at the shooting range.

Welcome Theuno! Hope you found the QL thread and the tool Fotis use to calc group size!

Signed on here almost 2yrs ago but haven't posted yet, well, until now as I figured it's high time I do.

My hunting days are mostly behind me due to bad knees and hips, but still enjoy shooting when I can. Fishing is more my things these days.

Have been loading since the late 80s and have added a few new calibers in the past couple years, both Creedmoors, a 6.5 and 22 and both Savage's. The 6.5 is a 12FV and the 22 I built using a 10FP action.

Am on a few other shooting reloading forums and see some names here I recognize.

Have had a thing for 7mm since the 80s, hence my username, and they remain my personal favorite in one way or 'nother.

Anyway, now that I've done an intro I won't feel bad by jumping in elsewhere once in a while. :wink:

Welcome aboard. By all means, jump in. You are always welcome here. I do understand the business about bad knees. The march of time has taken a toll on my knees, especially in the past two years. Again, welcome aboard.

Seven fan, glad you joined. If you’ve been loading 40 years you’re well experienced. We’d be happy to hear what worked for you and insights you’ve gained.

Hey everyone. I just got an account a few days ago but I've been enjoying this forum for a while as a spectator. I'm a young adult firearms enthusiast that will soon be learning to become a certified gunsmith to hopefully make it my profession. I've got kind of a sporadic knowledge of firearms in general but love to learn more about virtually any aspect of guns, from vintage rifles to the latest cutting edge technology. I had fun looking into Civil War era muzzle loaders recently. That could be fun.

But OK... I'm gonna say it. My secret. I have yet to actually fire a gun with live ammo... :cry: :oops: Air guns, that's what got me hooked. But now I actually own a gun, a Mossberg 590, and just haven't gotten the chance to shoot. I hope soon. My knowledge of firearms thus far revolves around lots of reading rather than personal experience, so feel free to take my opinions with a grain of salt. :lol:

Anyway, great group of people on this forum, glad that I get to be around.

Welcome aboard! Air rifles got you started eh?

Well, lots of experienced people here. Don’t rush yourself. Focus on quality.

AR platforms a great to learn the basics on. I hope you find a mentor.

Best wishes, Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back