"Front Shoulder" and other terms...

hunter24605":1jmkv78k said:
Dare I bring it up?....Clip & Magazine

And calling every black rifle an "assault weapon"

Crud, Washington State declared every semi-auto rifle to be an "assault rifle" including Ruger 10/22's!

Good examples. (y)

Words have meaning.

Regards, Guy

I'll jump on this one.

I'm going to put wheels on my rifle so I can "run" it instead of shooting it...........saves ammo by not collecting statistical valid precision data.

I'm replacing my trigger with a light switch so my rifles precision can be described as "lights out" and I don't have to measure my groups with On-Target anymore. Then I can burn all of my targets and just use beer cans and pie plates for "shooting mark".

I think one of the things I get the biggest kick out of is all the imaginative ways I've heard people manage to butcher the pronunciation of "Swarovski". Savorski, Seroski, Sikurski, Sorski, … some of them being bad enough that it took me a minute to figure out what they were talking about. Interestingly enough, some of the biggest butchers I've seen/heard have been salesmen behind the optics counter.

Don’t ever come to Pennsylvania, and never, EVER read any hunting or outdoor oriented social media from this state.

You’ve been warned.

Also... I have a literal problem with the common use of the word “literally”.

“I was literally dying.”

You’re alive. You did not literally die.

Anyway... there’s my one big gripe. I’m sure there’s more, but you guys hit most of the big ones.

Winnie vs Winchester
Leupy vs Leupold
Remmie vs Remington
Running vs shooting

....maybe I'll never be one of the cool kids. The slang on the web makes me nuts.

Winnie vs Winchester
Leupy vs Leupold
Remmie vs Remington
Running vs shooting
Stick vs rifle

....maybe I'll never be one of the cool kids. The slang on the web makes me nuts.

Back