Availability of Reloder 26?

SJB358":2y8bz0gh said:
Dan, if you ever get down around Harrisburg, check out Shyda's Gun Shop. They have the largest powder selection I have ever seen and the very best prices I have paid. They usually have anything a guy could want in 1-5-8lb jugs. I'd give them a ring and see what they have before making the trip, but they had Fed 215M's when everyone else did not!

Scotty, I got to Shyda's Outdoor Center yesterday. It is a great shop for reloaders. For anyone who gets to the that area, it would be worth stopping in for a look see. I stopped in and left with a receipt for over $200. :grin:

Here is a link to their website: https://www.shydasoutdoorcenter.com/

Scotty, thank you for the tip.

Oh, by the way, they received their shipment from Alliant yesterday and did not get any Reloder 26. The owner called the rep. and was told that maybe at the end of August or beginning of September some would be coming in.

Dan

Dang, that stinks they didn't have 26.. And yup, I can't go in unless I am ready to uncurl the billfold. They have too much great stuff in there!

RL 26 RL 33 and Retumbo are tough to locate around here......

I am part of the problem as I picked up a 8lb of Reloader26 to try my 6mm Rem and 300 H&H and have yet to get to it. I am curious as what it will do in my 6mm Rem with a 95gr BT.
After the last powder shortage I don't want to get caught short. Sorry

I bought 8lbs of RE26 before the shortage. I figured that it would last me for several years considering that I must have three dozen different powders on hand.
Just poured the last of the big jug into an empty 1lb bottle. Does this stuff evaporate??

Charlie-NY":175squht said:
I bought 8lbs of RE26 before the shortage. I figured that it would last me for several years considering that I must have three dozen different powders on hand.
Just poured the last of the big jug into an empty 1lb bottle. Does this stuff evaporate??

Hahahahahahahha. It does when it’s so darned useful.

1100RM, I believe you’ll like it in your 6mm.

Grice's Gun Shop in Clearfield, PA had some in stock for 1/2 day. I received an e-mail notification on Tuesday evening that they had some in stock. By 1:30 PM on Wednesday it was all gone. So, apparently, it is starting to trickle in.

Dan

There's a somewhat off the beaten path local shop here that carries a lot of powder at good prices. They've got a lot of 8lb jugs in a fairly large selection of powders. Most at prices that come to $23 per lb tax included out the door. I'm slowly stocking up on 8lb jugs of powder I like. They also had RL 26 but just in 1 lb containers and at a more expensive price of $31 out the door. I picked up a lb of that just to see what all the fuss is about sometime in the future. :grin:

Reloader 25 will do the same thing. It also has the copper inhibitor.

It may not be AS temp stable as RL26 but it’s stable enough that I only get a 25-30 FPS swing from 80-20 degrees Fahrenheit. RL25 gets me just shy of 3100 fps with 160 grain Partitions from my 7mm RM and 24” barrel. Without exceeding book charges.

Joec7651":lydskqq4 said:

It may not be AS temp stable as RL26 but it’s stable enough that I only get a 25-30 FPS swing from 80-20 degrees Fahrenheit. RL25 gets me just shy of 3100 fps with 160 grain Partitions from my 7mm RM and 24” barrel. Without exceeding book charges.

Totally agree on the speed part, but 25 is a little less dense so you can’t get enough into cases like the 300 WSM or similar. I’ve kinda thought of 26 as a powder that fills like 22 and burns like 25 if that makes sense.

Shouldn’t have said you can’t, meant that I can’t get enough in those sorta cases.

I recently visited my brother in VA and had to pass through Roanoke on the way to Smith Mountain Lake. Continuing my endless search for several powders that I need, I planned a stop at the Sportsman Warehouse and nearby gunshops.
The Warehouse had an extensive inventory of powder in the aisles. To my amazement, they had 2 lbs of RE26 and 1 lb of RE23 sitting right there on the shelf. I took a fair amount of powder to the cash register. I was certain that it would raise some eyebrows or illicit some interesting comments but that never happened. Everyone was very pleasant and not particularly surprised to see a purchase of that nature.
What a stroke of luck.

Charlie-NY":mhu7gbym said:
I recently visited my brother in VA and had to pass through Roanoke on the way to Smith Mountain Lake. Continuing my endless search for several powders that I need, I planned a stop at the Sportsman Warehouse and nearby gunshops.
The Warehouse had an extensive inventory of powder in the aisles. To my amazement, they had 2 lbs of RE26 and 1 lb of RE23 sitting right there on the shelf. I took a fair amount of powder to the cash register. I was certain that it would raise some eyebrows or illicit some interesting comments but that never happened. Everyone was very pleasant and not particularly surprised to see a purchase of that nature.
What a stroke of luck.

No doubt, agents of Andres Cuomo are even now perusing your bank records, your activities for the past decade, and your inclinations toward hunting/shooting. Sounds like a good score, otherwise. :shock:

DrMike":3iry75q1 said:
Charlie-NY":3iry75q1 said:
What a stroke of luck.

No doubt, agents of Andres Cuomo are even now perusing your bank records, your activities for the past decade, and your inclinations toward hunting/shooting. Sounds like a good score, otherwise. :shock:

You beat me to it. Cuomo is no good for anyone but himself.

DrMike":3ii84flq said:
Charlie-NY":3ii84flq said:
What a stroke of luck.

That's exactly why all the powder is still in VA where we reload and shoot together.

SJB358":13a29oeq said:
Joec7651":13a29oeq said:

Totally agree on the speed part, but 25 is a little less dense so you can’t get enough into cases like the 300 WSM or similar. I’ve kinda thought of 26 as a powder that fills like 22 and burns like 25 if that makes sense.

Shouldn’t have said you can’t, meant that I can’t get enough in those sorta cases.

I didn’t think about the shorter magnums. You’re probably dead on with that.

I have 4lbs of 26 and 6lbs of 23 and just haven’t got around to trying them yet. I’m almost out of RL-22 though, I may try the 23 in it’s place. Then there’s the 8lbs each of IMR-7828ssc and IMR-4831. I will get more 26 when it becomes available though simply due to the exceptional feedback I’ve seen on it. My other powders are for different class cartridges.

Heck,,, order some send it to me and I will meet you in Belmont for delivery. Or I will see if there is any local and I will bring it and you pay me when I get there

Back