Concealed Carry

DrMike":1ef15t4y said:
CatskillCrawler":1ef15t4y said:
I work for a gun free zone employer. The US Air Force. No personal firearms are permitted on base. /sigh

Since the administration has deemed that there is no terrorism on military bases (only workplace violence), there is no need of firearms. :evil:

HA! Yeah, imagine what a few carrying soldiers would have done should another Major Hassan pop up? Jeeze, crazy talk huh Mike?

Yeah, doesn't help me much when I wear my uniform to and from work or if I need to leave the base during work hours. Heck, that unlucky Brit wasn't even wearing his uniform. I'm certain there wont be any copycat terrorists in the good ole USA tho.... :roll:

catskill, I think you might be right. I would venture to say (at least in Florida where I am) that if something like that happened the bad guy would be perforated rather quickly and efficiently. Everybody down here takes their right to carry seriously and the area I live in has many legit weapons carriers.

Not possible, but I keep thinking: "If only I'd been there, walking about, carrying my .45 concealed as usual..."

Sadly, he had no armed backup until long after he was dead, and didn't even have the right to carry a firearm to defend himself or others.

Sad when soldiers / warriors aren't trusted with weaponry.

Guy

Guy Miner":gr4dkxl7 said:

That is a true statement. Equally sad to know that after discharge, many are not trusted because they operated under stressful conditions. Such is the liberal mindset that is determined to rule the populace.

Guy Miner":2aj3jv0l said:
Not possible, but I keep thinking: "If only I'd been there, walking about, carrying my .45 concealed as usual..."

Sadly, he had no armed backup until long after he was dead, and didn't even have the right to carry a firearm to defend himself or others.

Guy

Very sad indeed sir.
I think it's just a precursor of things to come.

My take is more pressure on Congress for National Concealed Carry. I see it as if other States have to accept my Driving License they should accept my C.C. Permit.
I live in Dubuque Iowa a Tri State area if I drive across the bridge from my house into Illinois or Wisconsin with a handgun in my truck I'm in trouble, ten minute drive. Where do you think I need a Gun for self defense ? Iowa no Wisconsin no Illinois YES. Chicago is out of control and to think the Police are going to be there for you ? Good luck last year they solved less than 25 % of Homicides.
So where is my 2nd Amendment rights ?

Thing is, the last person I’m worried about is someone who has a CCW/CPL. it’s the criminal who has it illegally and doesn’t have a permit to carry that’s going to be a problem. Not to mention someone who has a permit could be my back up. So, if you have a CCW, paid the money, and went through the trouble of getting one carry your gun. I might need you some day.

If you have access to the latest issue of "Rifle" magazine. Check out "Walnut Hill" on the back page. A brief synopsis/history lesson re: the value of a personal rifle. Should be required reading. CL

filmjunkie4ever":1q2pnm2q said:
If its my funeral I hope everyone is packing! :wink:

Make me feel more comfortable around friends.

Especially if the person that put me in the coffin shows up to gloat :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back