What I want for 2020

Wow, those are very old school Nosler's Scotty. It would be neat to drop something with them, but then again they're so old it would be cool to just save them for the nostalgia of having them around for "Show, and Tell".

longrangehunter":2qzcd1pz said:
Wow, those are very old school Nosler's Scotty. It would be neat to drop something with them, but then again they're so old it would be cool to just save them for the nostalgia of having them around for "Show, and Tell".

I wished they were mine. You’re right though, I’d be all over the mountain with those loaded up in my 264 Winchester!

LeBlanc":14sdxdy3 said:
Would love to see 280 Remington loads at same pressure as the 270 win

+1
with both the 140gr and 160 gr AccuBonds!

While we are at it for +P loads, let's add the 6.5x55 with 140 gr AccuBonds for new rifles with stronger actions than those used in the World Wars. (The old Norma and Hornady Light Magnum Euro Spec loads both ran 140 gr ammo at 2780 fps.)

Blkram":ofx5giem said:
LeBlanc":ofx5giem said:
Would love to see 280 Remington loads at same pressure as the 270 win

+1
with both the 140gr and 160 gr AccuBonds!

While we are at it for +P loads, let's add the 6.5x55 with 140 gr AccuBonds for new rifles with stronger actions than those used in the World Wars. (The old Norma and Hornady Light Magnum Euro Spec loads both ran 140 gr ammo at 2780 fps.)

So, here’s what I’ve done for the 280, just to get an idea what it’s capable of, I take a gander at the 270 Win data! I know it isn’t perfect but for most of the bullets except for the 175’s you can match them up with 270 Win 65k data. Both cases are darned near as close to the same as they could be and anything that is safe in a 270 will be safe in a 280 with an even larger bore.

As for the old Swede, Nosler has some great data for 140’s, which I think uses 22 for over 2800.. I’d like to see some modern pressure specs myself but using 260 data is a pretty safe way to roll as well.

A .277 160 grain AccuBond
A .277 100 grain tipped Varmageddon
A .284 130 grain BT for my single shot pistol in 7-08
A .284 110 grain tipped Varmageddon

Some accurate BCs for the new 2019 Accubonds!

.358 200 grain spire point Partition and loaded ammo in 35 Whelen. This should appeal to whitetail deer hunters and do a really good job on killing power. Give Hornady a run for their money as well.

Don

First and foremost is for President Trump to be elected to a second term in November (y) which has a much better chance of happening than my second "want".

Some 110-115 grain .264" Partitions OR Accubonds....for my bolt action 6.5 Grendel.

God Bless and Happy New Year to all.

Steve

350JR":2dvybmyf said:
First and foremost is for President Trump to be elected to a second term in November (y) which has a much better chance of happening than my second "want".

Some 110-115 grain .264" Partitions OR Accubonds....for my bolt action 6.5 Grendel.

Steve

Not discounting your bullet wish list, but Amen on the first and last part of your post! (y) :grin:

ShadeTree":2gm8xo22 said:
350JR":2gm8xo22 said:

Steve

Not discounting your bullet wish list, but Amen on the first and last part of your post! (y) :grin:
+1

It would be nice if Nosler would box the Ballistic Tip Hunting in 100 and 250 round boxes. I'm really getting tired of mixed lot numbers being delivered when I order them online.
With that in mind I would also like Nosler to provide a chart to interpret or read the lot numbers.

Back