New Bird Dog

Guy, I’m just catching up. Looks to be a great find for the both of you. Looking forward to your reports from the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've been hiking together. Camped for a week in northern Idaho together with some guys. We're taking "obedience" lessons together. That's a hoot. He's actually responding well, I'm the one who's falling behind. :)

Walking almost every day.

Got him out for upland birds twice. He doesn't know what he's doing yet, but loves it. I missed two shots at huns yesterday. Those rascals can be hard to hit! Dog loved it. He'd have loved it more if I'd knocked one down.

xfq2cqml.jpg

aTCaCzAl.jpg

bxQ479Vl.jpg

VE7q4K0l.jpg

Your dog looks awesome! He could build up some chest-muscle, but I really like him.
And I envy you for your time with him. I am without a dog for two years now, but if things work out, I will have my own house next year and then it is time to think about a dog joining us.
Wirehair is high on the list!

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Ya, he's been putting on muscle!

Was 53 pounds a month and a bit ago. He's 61 pounds as of last week. I agree, his hindquarters are tremendously strong, but his chest is a little wimpy in comparison. Maybe I can get him to lift weights with me?

We're working on the whole notion of hunting. He hunts all the time - but not with me/for me. Working on that and he's starting to get the idea. :)

Mama and I had decided to not get another dog after Clark passed away last spring... Well, that didn't last long.

Guy

The pup is truly handsome, Guy. No doubt you are enjoying him immensely.

Graduation Day today from obedience training, ten lessons. He did real well. I still need work:

jhVdqCsh.jpg

Today, getting some off-leash exercise at the Columbia River. Yes, he went for a couple of swims as well:

xMj85Ysh.jpg

P5VsBVNh.jpg

m7iiGlah.jpg

Nice graduation pic! He looks like he's enjoying himself. Amazing a dog can run around in water that cold, shiver like the blazes and still be as "birdy" as all get out. Nice to see that he's working on being a great partner! CL

This afternoon I walked about 5.7 miles, and Maverick did what he does.

VqEefFlh.jpg

We're both getting stronger!

Congratulations Guy, nice to hear that you took a rescue dog and your efforts and talent are coming together for a win - win for man and dog. (y) . Thanks for sharing and best luck going forward. Rol

Rol_P":rjsyo14e said:
Congratulations Guy, nice to hear that you took a rescue dog and your efforts and talent are coming together for a win - win for man and dog. (y) . Thanks for sharing and best luck going forward. Rol

Thank you. My wife told us that the dog and I saved each other. She may have a point.

Guy

Sure like that action on that picture, Guy. That pup looks quite determined.

Looks to me like you better work on his retrieve and take up water fowling!!! He'd look darn handsome carrying a spoonbill out of that puddle! Nice pic! CL

"Thank you. My wife told us that the dog and I saved each other. She may have a point."

Lord...there's a reason you married that girl...Wisdom friend.

Back