QuickLOAD Help Pls - 35 Whelen AI and PP 2000-MR, CFE 223

5shot

Handloader
Jan 13, 2016
Based on the latest Speer and Sierra Data, this is supposed to be THE powders for the Whelen. Anyone have time to run this combo for me?

75.5 grains of H2O
22" barrel
250 Speer Hotcore
3.375" OAL
57250 PSI

Thanks in advance.

HAHAHA...

I have QL info for other powders at 57250, so I am looking to see an apples to apples comparison. If it looks like the stuff I'll go track some down, otherwise I'll stick to RL17.

I looked at PP 2000 but could never find any to try when I was developing loads for my 35 Whelen AI and settled on CFE 223 at 62K psi and it was like shooting a laser.
Mine is a rebored M 70 24" barrel 1-12 twist with a long throat so I could use the full length of the magazine.
It worked so good I sold my M700 35 Whelen since I couldn't get no where near the velocity and performance out of it.

truck driver":2tfolct3 said:
I looked at PP 2000 but could never find any to try when I was developing loads for my 35 Whelen AI and settled on CFE 223 at 62K psi and it was like shooting a laser.
Mine is a rebored M 70 24" barrel 1-12 twist with a long throat so I could use the full length of the magazine.
It worked so good I sold my M700 35 Whelen since I couldn't get no where near the velocity and performance out of it.

According to the Speer data, CFE 223 is right behind PP200MR, so I will certainly give it a try if I can't find the other. I don't have info on it either, other than Speer.

5shot":dyquarj3 said:
truck driver":dyquarj3 said:

According to the Speer data, CFE 223 is right behind PP200MR, so I will certainly give it a try if I can't find the other. I don't have info on it either, other than Speer.
Get some one to run you a QL powder run for chart. That will show you each powder in order from best to worse.
That's how I found CFE 223, it is a ball powder and gives good case fill. It is also a copper eraser and leaves a black coating in the bore but doesn't seem to effect accuracy.

5shot":23992opr said:
Based on the latest Speer and Sierra Data, this is supposed to be THE powders for the Whelen. Anyone have time to run this combo for me?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think CFE223 and Alliant PowerPro 2000-MR is the same powder, just like W760/H414 & Winchester WXR/Reloder 22

Back