Rifle Loony-ism is grabbing hold of me again

tddeangelo":3f3uucz0 said:
I gotta say, with RL26's performance envelope, I may sell off my 264WM, because it just doesn't offer much over a 270 anymore.

I'm not even really kidding. When you start flinging 150gr 277's at 3k, there's not a lot of daylight between that and the 264's 140s at 3100-3200.

You're right, not much daylight between them...

Soooooo.....

Now that is an easy rebore to 358 Norma :mrgreen:

SJB358":1xz5u376 said:
tddeangelo":1xz5u376 said:
I gotta say, with RL26's performance envelope, I may sell off my 264WM, because it just doesn't offer much over a 270 anymore.

I'm not even really kidding. When you start flinging 150gr 277's at 3k, there's not a lot of daylight between that and the 264's 140s at 3100-3200.

You're right, not much daylight between them...

Soooooo.....

Now that is an easy rebore to 358 Norma :mrgreen:

A great medium bore. Mine shoots "lights out," and packs a heckuva wallop. Can't see much in NA withstanding a smiting such as that cartridge will deliver. Deer? They'll just wave a white flag when they learn that you're packing that cartridge. Moose? They've been known to kneel and beg for mercy. Elk? Well, they just throw up their hooves and follow you home when you're toting that cartridge. Yeah, Tom, Scotty's really on to something with that suggestion. (y)

Mike does make a heckuva good argument for the 358 Norma Tom. Plus, you just said you had alot of 250's... Might as well try to use them up.. :mrgreen:

I also just sliced off two real battered whitetail shoulders at the hand of the 35 Whelen.

I'm sure going faster with the 358 Norma will help mitigate the meat destruction.... yes?

;)

tddeangelo":l127lqtr said:
I also just sliced off two real battered whitetail shoulders at the hand of the 35 Whelen.

I'm sure going faster with the 358 Norma will help mitigate the meat destruction.... yes?

;)

Shoot em in the ribs... Reduces the amount of damage to the front legs... :lol:

Then I gotta go look for them. Although the Whelen tends to make that simple.

It's just so much more convenient when they plop.

Back