Notice: This site is not mobile friendly, we recommend you download tapatalk for a mobile friendly experience of our forum.

It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:18 am

Shop Nosler

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Best Rocky Mountain State to move to?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:40 am 

Tina was so impressed with the beauty of the Rocky Mountains during our trip to Montana this fall that she said we could have a "long" talk about relocating west.

Personally, I am fed up with the liberal politics and policies of NYS. The property taxes here are sucking up retirement income. The governor wants to free the criminals but then make criminals out of law abiding gun owners.

I liked the looks of the county when driving through Wyoming and Montana but know very little about the politics. I liked visiting Colorado in the past but I am concerned it has turned to a liberal political environment. I would guess Utah to be conservative but I don't know.

I am looking for your opinions as to which states to consider moving to, and why. Personally I am interested in a conservative political environment, good hunting and fishing, reasonably priced housing, and low property taxes.

Dan

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Best Rocky Mountain State to move to?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:00 am 
I've said for years that if I ever leave AK, I'll most likely end up in Bozeman.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:42 am 

Definitely wouldn't think of Colorado. It seems to be dominated by Denver and with an influx of people leaving Democratically control states appears to be making the state far more "progressive" than one could wish. I've sometimes though about where we would move if we returned to the States, and I'd likely settle on Wyoming, Montana or Idaho. Seems as if liberals befoul their own bed and then want to move into your bed where they'll again befoul where they are lying. Consequently, we have the identical problem in Canada.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:52 am 

Colorado has been inundated with Libtards from California, and been ruining the state politics for some time now, so I would advise staying away from there.
Wyoming is an outdoorsman's paradise. You have thousands of acres of public hunting areas. Best thing about Wyoming, their politicians have at least some common sense Wyoming you don't have a state tax.
South Dakota would be another place to go, settle in the Black Hills, and your golden as well. Their politicians seem to be ok. No state tax in S.D. as well.
Western Montana is nice too. They have a state tax.

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:34 am 

I grew up in Montana, they are well on their way to being the next Colorado. Bozeman, Missoula are swamped with people moving in, changing a lot.

Idaho as well, Boise is the fastest growing place in the nation. I completely understand everyone moving from $800k tiny houses to better places.

It’s only a matter of time before Idaho, Montana are lost like CO. Wyoming might be ok because nobody can afford to move to Jackson Hole, and most west coasters don’t want to live anywhere else in the state.

Heck Texas is about lost due to all the tech businesses moving into Austin etc.

My thoughts are Wyoming and Utah will be the last holdouts, Utah has less hunting opportunities so Wyoming would be my go to, despite the fact that I love and grew up in Montana.

I have yet to begin to procrastinate

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:05 am 

I would agree that Wyoming is the way to go, but some of that state is already feeling it too. Western Montana is full of people hoping to make Montana just like California.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:21 am 

Dan, you will need to think long and hard about this issue. You won't be able to use your handle, NYDan, any longer should you move to one of the western states. :lol: On the other hand, WYDan does have a certain appeal. The bottom line is that liberals are always trying to recreate the workers paradise wherever they go, ensuring that conservatives must always oppose such efforts, knowing that the war will continue throughout one's lifetime and that many battles will be fought. Still, the battles are worth the effort, if not for our own benefit, then surely for the benefit of those who follow us. Ideas have consequences, and if they are worthy ideas, they must be promoted. Wow! Would this mean that Rol_P would soon be moving out west, as well?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:37 am 

People don’t change much just the scenery does. Moved 2000 miles from CO to AK in 1995. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:12 am 

Thank you for the replies. I will do further research on Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, South Dakota and Utah.

Dr. Mike I can't speak for Rol_P. But leaving such a good friend behind would be most difficult. However, WYDan has a nice ring to it.

Dan

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:35 am 

I would in all honesty look at WY, or SD.
No state tax, mountains you can do just about anything in.
Idaho has been having their fair share of racists, and white supremacists moving there as well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:36 am 

If Wyoming is your choice, I would look at moving to Cheyenne, or Casper.
If South Dakota, look at Rapid City.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:15 pm 

HAWKEYESATX wrote:
If Wyoming is your choice, I would look at moving to Cheyenne, or Casper.
If South Dakota, look at Rapid City.

Housing prices in Casper are VERY high.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:46 am 

Well, I got mixed feeling about moving to Cheyenne. I spent a few years there, and the wind never stops, for long.

Too Tall

Thompson Falls Montana

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:59 am 

Wyoming. I love it here

Weatherby...There is no replacement for displacement and...
I nicknamed it Bee!

My blog.
https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:25 pm 

FOTIS wrote:
Wyoming. I love it here
As do I. I never should have left.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:32 pm 

Never been to the rocky mt states yet, but I plan to remedy that one of these days. I did spend two weeks in North and South Dakota in 2008 though. I have to say the Black Hills was a beautiful place though, and really enjoyed my time there. From what everyone else is saying, it seems like Wyoming may be the place to go though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:53 am 

Family ties are the only thing keeping me in NY State of DISASTER..!!!
NY Driver's Licenses for undocumented immigrants. Then the right to vote in our elections. The governor throws our money (Tax Dollars) around to seed the electorate for his purposes. Politicians are out of touch with reality in this state. Given the opportunity I would take careful looks at South Dakota and Wyoming for places to consider. I love Montana but have been there enough to know that the influx from the west coast is going to eventually change the state.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:08 pm 

Rol_P wrote:
Given the opportunity I would take careful looks at South Dakota and Wyoming for places to consider. I love Montana but have been there enough to know that the influx from the west coast is going to eventually change the state.

My thoughts would be similar.

I have been to WY many times and have friends that moved there from here in MI.
If SD, I would likely look to the western end of it.

With MT you have to wonder how long until the CA residents who have moved in turn it into CA version 3.0, or CO version 2.0.

PH

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:13 pm 

The left coast plague has invaded here too. It's sad for what was a great place to live when it was under 100k people. Boise was around 75k when I moved here in '89 and less than 500k in the whole valley. Now it's probably 250k+ in Boise and well over 1 million in the valley. The last couple years the population here in the valley has grown 80k/year. If I had to commute for work I'd go postal or insist on moving. Luckily I work from home but when it takes more than a minute, sometimes closer to 2 minutes, to get out of your driveway during rush hour it's time to move somewhere with less traffic.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:43 pm 

I have some information to share about Texas.....

Here in San Antonio, we have mayors from the East coast, and west coast big cities, bussing in their homeless people, where there isn't any place to put them. The same thing is happening to Austin. And that city is being overrun by the homeless.
Our big cities, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio are being run by lousy Demorats.
San Antonio is a sanctuary city. The people from the West Coast are moving in droves here because they can afford housing a lot more than in California. And they're changing the demographics here, and not for good.
Also, Texas is supposedly one of the best states to deer hunt in. Well... couldn't prove that to me. All of the prime hunting areas are already owned by wealthy ranch barons, who charge $7k - $15k to have a yearly deer lease.
The closest public land hunting is either in a swamp close to Houston, or out west in the desert. Either or is well over 2.5 hours away.
So.... the hunting magazines are right, you can get some trophy sized deer here, but you have to be independently wealthy to hunt them, orbown the land that you can hunt them.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:58 pm 

I am sure glad nobody mentioned AZ. We have enough expat people here already trying to recreate the place they left because they didn't like where they were from. If your from NY your supposed to go to FL anyway so please go there. Note there are a lot of Chicago people in AZ and I know you NY people consider them 2nd class.

In all seriousness. Please join us out here in the free west from NM to ID and many points in between. Just be sure to vote and pick up your trigger trash.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:06 am 

Whitesheep, Do NOT mention Florida anymore. When I moved to the central East Coast back in 92 there were 9000 people in my little country town. Now we're pushing 24000 and the infrastructure is falling apart. Worse yet, their coming down from the Northeast to get away from oppressive taxes (and to raise our taxes) and of course they brought their bad habits with them. Their driving just plain sucks and their attitudes are a close second, and you are correct, the first thing they try and do is make it like the area they left. Moving to an uninhabited island is starting to sound like a good idea!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:35 pm 

over the weekend I saw on the news Idaho was , I think , second highest in homeless . I would have never thought that . I didn't realize Idaho was going through this .

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:39 pm 

jimbires wrote:
over the weekend I saw on the news Idaho was , I think , second highest in homeless . I would have never thought that . I didn't realize Idaho was going through this .
I'm wondering if the reason isn't because Bill De Blasio has shipped some of his homeless problem there, as well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:22 am 

HAWKEYESATX wrote:
jimbires wrote:
I'm wondering if the reason isn't because Bill De Blasio has shipped some of his homeless problem there, as well.

sure could be . the problem is being forced on them . it's a shame what's happening in places .

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Moderators: NoslerV, Nosler4, JD338, NOSLER, FOTIS Go to page 1, 2  Next