Season ended with a bang and some smoke

tddeangelo

Handloader
May 18, 2011
Took a medium sized (90lbs dressed) doe on Jan 23.

105 yard shot with the 62 rifle. She went about 75 yards and crashed. The ball went in mid-ribs and exited through (and breaking) the far leg.

I didn't go out tonight, and tomorrow is the last day, with torrential rains forecast.

Next weekend the tree rats better beware!

78-DCBF1-C-21-AB-48-E5-9019-96-D5-C267-E855.jpg

Well, that is just great. Congratulations on taking a fine doe. That is definitely an accomplishment to make anyone pleased.

Thank you DrMike!

105 is a good poke with a flintlock. And....added bonus...first deer with a ball I cast myself.

Yes, 105 yards is a long shot with a flintlock and those old iron sights. Good shot. Beware, hunting with one gets to be habit forming.

Oh, yes, I'm fully aware that this was a long shot. However, you did it. Again, congratulations.

Darkhorse":10j9jce2 said:
Yes, 105 yards is a long shot with a flintlock and those old iron sights. Good shot. Beware, hunting with one gets to be habit forming.

I think I've gone well beyond "habit forming," lol.

I have three custom long guns at this point, including that fowler I just picked up a month or so ago.

I'm headed to the 18th Century Artisan Show in Lewisburg PA here later this week. Just more fuel for the addiction.... ;)

https://www.18thcenturyartisanshow.com/ for those interested in learning more.

Back