Noslers new 90gr Varmageddon??

Using 260 Rem data is a good way to baseline load for the Swede. Anything that'll be safe in a 260 Rem will be safe in a MODERN 6.5x55 SE. Capacity is a touch more on the Swede so looking at modern 260 data usually gives a decent idea of where the Swede can get to, in modern rifles.

Looking at E's data he is at 52.5 of H414 (W760) and getting about 3250'ish, so due to the cases he is using, he's about 3-4 grains higher than 260 data which is probably still below max unless his rifle has a shorter barrel, but his stuff seems spot on with probably a little room for gas if he wanted.

Attachments

• 260-Rem-90gr-version-8-0.jpg
    260-Rem-90gr-version-8-0.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 1,879
All great info Scotty. Thanks for posting, I am very pleased
with accuracy using this 90gr bullet. I would like to get a few more coyotes under my belt to make sure it performs
as well as the BlitzKing bullets have for us!
I will keep you all informed as we get em!
E

Great feedback. Thanks. I ordered a few of these bullets. We'll see how they shoot in my gun. Keep up the good work.

Another songdog with the 90 gr Varmagetton bullet. Wicked report back off the side of him, enough so you
can hear it with headphones on, from 300 yds! Instant
Bang Flop again. Here is what you can expect with a high
shoulder shot.........Screenshot_20200302-181917.jpg

35 Whelen":2gur0tlt said:
Another songdog with the 90 gr Varmagetton bullet. Wicked report back off the side of him, enough so you
shoulder shot.........
>>> perfect ! (y)

35 Whelen":br2rq5y7 said:
shoulder shot.........
Bet that hurt.

Quite a hole you made....
I used the Varmageddon in a .223 on foxes.
Hoped it would not leave an exit hole. Hoped wrong. Pelts were ruined

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

noslerpartition":1buzjezw said:
35 Whelen":1buzjezw said:
shoulder shot.........
Bet that hurt.

Quite a hole you made....
I used the Varmageddon in a .223 on foxes.
Hoped it would not leave an exit hole. Hoped wrong. Pelts were ruined

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk
Download it to .22 hornet velocities with a 60 grain spire point that's has a tougher jacket. Faster burning stick powders are the best choice in my experience. It will help reduce pelt damage.

Well since pelt damage is NOT, a consideration of mine as I don't sell them anymore. My ONLY priority is killing them instantly. And this new Varmagetton does that so far.
I have a friend that makes fur ruffs, mitt's, and hats and he gathers up everyone we shoot. This 90 gr bullet should be the first place to look for the Creedmore crowd.......(or .260Rem fellas) if you are looking for a good coyote killer.
I used to use 'solids' when I was still skinning songdogs, I hardly ever got a good humaine kill, some of these big Maine coyotes would go for literally "miles" hit with solids
trying to save fur.............. the BlitzKing is still my favorite bullet for Coyotes. But the Varmagetton's will hold their own against a Vmax or a TnT ; imho. (y)
E
P.S. This load I am using of 414, gives me a net velocity of 3380/3400 fps with the 90gr Varmagetton bullets. Hence the "wicked" distinct report back off the side of them at impact. :shock:

It is Scotty, get a box and try em in the Sweede! I think you will be pleasently surprised. It is a full step up the ladder from my .243W at 300yds. You can hear it off the side of the coyotes. It is noticable in the report that comes back it is hitting with more authority! It is still NOT quite as nasty as the 25/06 with same weight bullets, but it is very close.
The way it is folding em right up, suggest to me , Nosler did their homework on this 6.5 Varmit bullet. It works 65mm-90gr-fb-tipped-varmageddonr-bullet-100ct--f3b.jpg
E

Well the 90gr Varmagetton bullet is now at 5 , all instantly
killed, even though a couple were not hit perfectly. So it's certainly looks like we have a great load for big Maine Coyotes. We had shot 4 earlier in Jan with our 25/06 so with a total of nine , and about 3 weeks left of good ice,
we should wind up with 10/12 with any luck at all. It will
Certainly be some help for the newborn lamb deer this spring, and all the pelts go into tannery to be used for ruffs, mittens, caps. Even though we are shooting the 6.5x55 Sweede, all you guys running Creedmore's would
mirror these results with the new 90 gr Varmagetton's!IMG_20200318_093539892.jpg
IMG_20200318_092612349.jpg
E

Actually I did get a clip mixed up with "deer loads"
129gr. Shot a coyote few days ago......... Straight thru. Ran
Off and looks like gut shot blood........ Anyway same old story, wrong bullet for the job.....my own fault.
E

Well they just keep on coming! With the help of a couple
of eagles, we did find the run off from last post!
Then shot a double week before about an hour apart.
Male that came back to female. So that was 8, then last Sat we got a last year's pup, #9. And late yesterday right at dark another male came by, to join us for dinner! I then decided he should "spend the nite".......So that will close March out with # 10.IMG_20200318_093539892.jpg
3/31/20.

Well even though I had bait right up till the bitter end, we never shot any more........ So season is officially over as our lake was about half out Tonite. So it will be clear by tomorrow. That's is about one week early. Last year it was the 29th from memory.

Back