Sauer 100 questions

Nimrod84

Handloader
Feb 20, 2017
Hi guys,

I'm looking at a Sauer 100 Ceratech (synthetic stock) and I have a few questions that internet searches & manuals haven't provided answers for. If anyone has any insight, I would love to hear it. I have emailed Sauer USA but haven't heard back from them.

1. How in the world does the bolt disassemble?
Specifically, I reload so I really need to be able to get a stripped bolt. This thing looks like a beast; it has two ejection plungers, a cocking indicator, an exposed wire among some other new to me features.

2. Any idea on torque recommendations for the action screws? Stock is injection molded plastic, so I'm guessing 30-35 lbs. But it does have a unique "bedding" system.

3. Any known issues or problems with the Sauer 100?

Thanks,
Nimrod84

Thank you ShadeTree, that helps a lot. Honestly I'm not sure how I missed that...

I've only spent about 7 minutes with one in hand and I fell in love with the LOP, trigger and balance. I know Fotis likes / liked his viewtopic.php?f=9&t=39381&hilit=Sauer+100.

My main concern is with its price and distribution through Sportsmans Warehouse, I would imagine that their would be more internet chatter on it. How to disassemble the bolt, magazine feeding issues, trigger adjustment stories, etc. So the lack of discussion is a bit of a mystery and possible concern to me.

Thank you again ShadeTree.

Back