Talk about close!!!

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
NF nx8 2.5x20x50 on mark v KRIEGER CUSTOM RIFLE in 30-378. Just mount it.

9r7Th8xl.jpg

PM3umnDl.jpg

VXIPl8Gl.jpg

Wow! That's really close!
Just enough space to have it eye level when you place your knoggin' on your butt.

Hawk

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

Hope it doesn’t touch during recoil!

Do you normally run a rail in your 30-378s?

I love rails, but I’d think long and hard about normal bases and rings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The recoil is identical to a 30-06 with the KDF Bee brake

Fotis,

You aren't kidding, that is right there.
What height rings are y using?
That is one sharp looking rig! Nicely done buddy.

JD338

Seekings low 30mm rings. 20 moa Picatinny-style base

OK, makes sense with the low rings.
Rock solid set up Fotis. Very nice!!!
And the Krieger barrel is going to shoot.
That rifle will be a long range hammer, even in your WY winds. What load(s) are you going to run?

JD338

She already shoots great. This is the rifle I used to take a 6x7 and 5x7 bull elk

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200106-110929_Imgur.jpg
    Screenshot_20200106-110929_Imgur.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 704
I had a similar lack of space between the front of my pic rail and the bell of the scope. I removed the base and ground the front edge down to a 45 deg angle. Touched up the front end with a permanent black marker and
slapped it all back together. It looks & fits perfect.

I like it Fotis. Nice and close with just enough room. You should be able to get your cheek nice and tight to the stock and see perfectly through the scope. Nice set-up.

Yeah my only worry was the scope flexing during recoil but then again with a muzzle brake it kicks like a 308 or 3006 or 7 Mag so we'll see

We'll see.. Worst case I can grind a 45*angle on both ends of the base

FOTIS":1mcg7tp7 said:

Years ago I got rid of a few lugs on a rail on my 308 "Green Machine" rifle, to clear the large ocular housing on a U.S. Optics scope I was using at the time. It's okay to modify the rail if you need to.

You've got a very impressive rifle there Fotis. Thanks for sharing the great photos & info! (y)

Guy

Guy Miner":i90d9mtq said:
FOTIS":i90d9mtq said:

Years ago I got rid of a few lugs on a rail on my 308 "Green Machine" rifle, to clear the large ocular housing on a U.S. Optics scope I was using at the time. It's okay to modify the rail if you need to.

You've got a very impressive rifle there Fotis. Thanks for sharing the great photos & info! (y)

Guy

I just did this the other day for my nephew. His power ring was dragging on the 2nd to last lug, so I used the mill at work to take off the last few lugs on his rail and used a Super Black pen to color it back

FOTIS":1a7p6d8e said:

I was thinking that... I really appreciate having the scope "where I want it". It took me two scopes three sets of rings, and three different bases to get my .22 Mag set up the way I wanted it. :roll: I'm hopeless. Looks like a really nice rig. and of course shoots too. CL

Back